Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by seandmc, Aug 17, 2012.
some apps not working yet some are, tapping the app icon but nothing happens, any ideas?
I know how to help you in this:
1. PRAY you have been a loyal "backer-uper" and backed up before said crash
2. Plug iPad into computer
3. Press and hold the power button and home button until 1 second after the screen goes black
4. Release ONLY the power button
5. Keep holding the home button until you see Windows say "Installing Device Driver" or something along those lines(sorry Mac users, I don't know what the response would be for a Mac)
6. You can THEN AND ONLY THEN release the home button
* * * --> The next step may take up to five minutes to occur <-- * * *
7A. If your computer opens up iTunes, just restore from your most recent backup
No, you wont loss app data
what will carrying out this process achieve, i havent backed up
Have you tried closing all apps from the multitask bar?
For good measure, also shutdown the iPad completely and restart.
Go to home screen and double tap this should bring up the apps at the bottom. press on one until it shakes and press the - on the apps that don't work this doesnt delete the app. it worked for me.
If done correctly, it will restore ALL data to a point where the iPad was working
Also, if you can, try and back up your device, if apple is smart, upon the restore it redownloads the firmware, it should fix any major and minor issues.
Seeing as it is many apps that have issues, I bet you have a app loading/launching glitch in the iOS. As I said, if you can, open settings, click iCloud, of you must make an account, and adjust so you back up to the cloud, then click storage & backups, then finally, backup now. Then read my directions about how to restore above.
Hope this helps. :-D
Sometimes my apps do the same thing, sometimes if you hold an app down and they start shaking all you need to do is click the button on the bottom with the square in it, or if you just try to click the app when it's not shaking at all, I usually just reboot my iPad, it works Every time.
If it works after a restart, I would think you are nearing data capacity, I would uninstall apps you don't use, because it is storing data that you dont need, while other apps do need said data.
I had the some problem after my last update. I just dl a free program from Istore, from the same account as the non working app. Problem solved.