What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some apps not working-help

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to help you in this:
1. PRAY you have been a loyal "backer-uper" and backed up before said crash
2. Plug iPad into computer
3. Press and hold the power button and home button until 1 second after the screen goes black
4. Release ONLY the power button
5. Keep holding the home button until you see Windows say "Installing Device Driver" or something along those lines(sorry Mac users, I don't know what the response would be for a Mac)
6. You can THEN AND ONLY THEN release the home button
* * * --> The next step may take up to five minutes to occur <-- * * *
7A. If your computer opens up iTunes, just restore from your most recent backup
No, you wont loss app data

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried closing all apps from the multitask bar?

For good measure, also shutdown the iPad completely and restart.

dairebc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to home screen and double tap this should bring up the apps at the bottom. press on one until it shakes and press the - on the apps that don't work this doesnt delete the app. it worked for me.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seandmc said:
what will carrying out this process achieve, i havent backed up

If done correctly, it will restore ALL data to a point where the iPad was working

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seandmc said:
what will carrying out this process achieve, i havent backed up

Also, if you can, try and back up your device, if apple is smart, upon the restore it redownloads the firmware, it should fix any major and minor issues.
Seeing as it is many apps that have issues, I bet you have a app loading/launching glitch in the iOS. As I said, if you can, open settings, click iCloud, of you must make an account, and adjust so you back up to the cloud, then click storage & backups, then finally, backup now. Then read my directions about how to restore above.
Hope this helps. :-D

Reaction score
Sometimes my apps do the same thing, sometimes if you hold an app down and they start shaking all you need to do is click the button on the bottom with the square in it, or if you just try to click the app when it's not shaking at all, I usually just reboot my iPad, it works Every time.

nicknick923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
Sometimes my apps do the same thing, sometimes if you hold an app down and they start shaking all you need to do is click the button on the bottom with the square in it, or if you just try to click the app when it's not shaking at all, I usually just reboot my iPad, it works Every time.

If it works after a restart, I would think you are nearing data capacity, I would uninstall apps you don't use, because it is storing data that you dont need, while other apps do need said data.

Trevorjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the some problem after my last update. I just dl a free program from Istore, from the same account as the non working app. Problem solved.

OP
S

seandmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for your ideas, since still in warranty i phoned apple, they told me what to do, nick you were right about backing up and restore, since icloud was only giving 5g storage free i used itunes on the laptop. The instructions were, connect the ipad to laptop, put mouse over my ipad icon on Itunes in laptop and rt click. Then transfer purchases. This brought them on to the laptop before doing a restore. Next was, select summary tab, then select restore tab. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring select the back up option. Select the restore option when itunes prompts you, restore your IOS device, restore to factory settings, when restored, device starts, after a restore the device displays "connect to Itunes " screen. Then its restore your device from previous backup. Mine worked after this so hope this is useful for anyone with a similar problem. Nick and others thanks for your help, its much appreciated

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
seandmc said:
thank you for your ideas, since still in warranty i phoned apple, they told me what to do, nick you were right about backing up and restore, since icloud was only giving 5g storage free i used itunes on the laptop. The instructions were, connect the ipad to laptop, put mouse over my ipad icon on Itunes in laptop and rt click. Then transfer purchases. This brought them on to the laptop before doing a restore. Next was, select summary tab, then select restore tab. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring select the back up option. Select the restore option when itunes prompts you, restore your IOS device, restore to factory settings, when restored, device starts, after a restore the device displays "connect to Itunes " screen. Then its restore your device from previous backup. Mine worked after this so hope this is useful for anyone with a similar problem. Nick and others thanks for your help, its much appreciated

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm glad your issue is now fixed and thank you for reporting back on how you achieved it. I have deleted your other thread on this issue but have moved the answering posts of that thread here so that all the info you were given is in the one thread. Please don't duplicate threads on your issue, it does divide any info given, making it confusing for others as well as being against the Forum Rules.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Most reactions