What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some apple double talk.

dawsonm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lennywc said:
Remember when Apple stuck those jokey crappy cameras into the ipad2 and said ' no one will use iPads for pic taking too clumsy' now with the iPad 3 it's, 'people will be about town taking pictures with the wonderful camera on the iPad 3 gen.' what kind of double talk is this? They should apologize for duping everyone into buying ipad2's with those uber crappy cameras. What we need more than a super high Rez screen is the ability to go into our own file systems without having to jailbreak. Apple please let us do as we please with our purchased idevices! The iPad will be no more than a consumption device while they continue to lockdown the operating system , indeed just a toy! I own an iPad and an iPhone 4 and an ASUS prime . I love that prime. Gee, it actually has a file explorer! How I missed being the master of my own system. Oh and ASUS actually supplies an app that roots ( jailbreaks to ios people)the prime for owners. Nice of them eh Apple?

I have had all generations of iPad. I have used none of them for taking photos. I bought the third generation iPad because I wanted to and I could pass on my iPad 2 to my parents. The resulting Face time capabilities means my parents can see their granddaughter whenever they like, it is truly fantastic (and Skype is just as good I expect )

If you want 'full' access to your device, an Apple product is not really for you, buy an Android device.

If you want a device where, you are abstracted from the hardware, that is absolutely intuitive to use, a device that works all the time, never crashes, doesn't suffer from viruses or malware ( because of the restrictions you mention) and is beautifully manufactured, buy an Apple iPad.

My father, a great engineer, is computer literate and is Windows based. My mother is computer illiterate. She is 75 now, and with only a very basic introduction into the iPad, she was surfing the net, sending and receiving email and Face Timing to her family. Our 4 year old cant wait to use the iPad to call Grandpa and Grandma ( yes thats our 4 year old ) :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts