Solitaire

Discussion in 'iPad Games' started by jim dandy, Mar 13, 2014.

1. jim dandy

jim dandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would like someone here to recommend the best ipad solitaire game that keeps score and time plus a history of them. Also one that does NOT have pop-up ads. I don't mind paying for the APP but once I do I don't want to have to pay in order to play it.

Thanks.....

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Take a look at "Real Solitaire for iPad ($1.99, USD). Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/real-solitaire-for-ipad/id364895318?mt=8

I don't know if it's the "best," but it's the one that I have on both my iPad and my iPhone. And, no pop-up ads with the paid version, though you can try the free version (which has ads).

I'm sure there are others, but this one is the one I like. Good luck in your search.

Marilyn

3. jim dandy

jim dandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for the reply and the link.

I currently have a solitaire game installed. It was a $.99 pay app and has no pop-up ads but the game just doesn't seem to be kind of slow to play plus I have to tap the shuffle cards 2 or 3 times in order to get it to work some times? The tablet is a new iPad Air so I don't think it is the tablet. Also this game I have will not let you clear all prior history. I also question if the game will let you win the game.

I was wondering you have any of these issues with your game. I have looked at your link, thank you but need more information before I download another solitaire game...

Mark

4. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As far as I can tell, the game runs fine and doesn't lag. I catnap cards to make them move to where they need to be or drag them. When I tap the deck to show the next set of playable cards, it's almost instantaneous to see the next card; there's no lag there.

Here's a shot of all the settings and resets available:

[​IMG]

As you can see, you can clear the statistics. And, as you can probably also see - I've won on this game.

It is the only solitaire game on my iDevices (for this type of solitaire game). It is my go-to when I want to play some Klondike-style solitaire.

I don't know what else to say about this app - except I feel it was/is well worth the money.

Marilyn

5. jim dandy

jim dandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you again for your detailed suggestions. Yours looks real good, I think I will like it. I will download it later tonight.

Mark

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope you like it. if you do get it, please let us know your opinion.

Marilyn

7. jim dandy

jim dandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Marilyn,

I downloaded game you suggested. It works as you said and I like it. Thank you again for suggesting it. I am not new to computers (built a few in the past) but I am a first time Apple user and this is a whole new experience for me. I will take my other questions to the proper forum.

Mark.......

8. BlinkTwice

BlinkTwice
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I play Card Shark Solitare. It's pretty good

9. Miry

Miry
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I love Solitaire Chronicles. The graphic is absolutely sharp, which is rare in a solitaire. And the all experience is very smooth, like the music as well :)
    You can check it out here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id887778815