1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Solar Power Charger

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by roamingmark, Mar 25, 2011.

1. roamingmark

roamingmark iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Right,

As I'll be out and about on travels and at certain points I won't be close to power points to charge my Ipad 2, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a solar power charger? I done a bit of research reference this but I'd rather get some information from people that have actually used anything like this to charge a First Gen Ipad.
  2. lwestlie

lwestlie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your best bet is the SunLeaf Pro. It's one of the highest powered chargers for around $150 (I paid $160 with coupon "promoaa") It's an 18 Watt model that folds up to be the size of a wallet, very nice for traveling. I brought it to Cloud Peak in Wyoming and I was able to use my iPad everyday for a whole week while I was in the mountains.
    Their website is MODERATOR EDIT: no external links
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012