What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solar Flux on iPad

Lamargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone played this game? It's driving me mad trying to get 3 stars on some of these levels!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for advice!

Cheers,

Lam

OP
Lamargo

Lamargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe no one here has played this! Great wee game! Their facebook page says it's on sale just now too, so would be a good time to try it and then give me some help? hehe xD

Kutyafule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched the video trailer and really liked it, but didn't have time to play yet... but if it's really that challenging I'll go download it right away ;)

OP
Lamargo

Lamargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It can be quite challenging once you get in to it, as it does get trickier as the levels go on, but, for me anyway, the real challenge has been trying to get 3 stars on some levels as you need X amount of stars per galaxy to unlock bonus levels, then there are achievements for getting 3 stars in all levels too!

Kutyafule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I downloaded the game, I did Ignition with all 3 stars, but there's a long way to go, and it wasn't trivial.

Kutyafule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I completed Helios with ll 3 stars, but to tell the truth it's getting a little bit boring. Especially, when you need to do a level many time, just because you're 10 milliseconds off the limit... And also sometimes you just need to do the exact same thing in a similar setup. But all in all I like the game. Which missions do you have trouble with by the way?

OP
Lamargo

Lamargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quite a few I'm still missing 3 stars on, but I don't have my iPad with me for all the names. To and Fro in Helios is one I keep going back to for the 3 star, but I think that's just down to skill/timing - unless you know of a strategy? Did you get 3 stars on the bonus levels too?

Kutyafule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I did the bonus levels, too, but haven't had time to play since then. Actually, the bonus levels were in general easier for me, than some of the normal ones.

OP
Lamargo

Lamargo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helios is generally easier than the other galaxies, but it is the first one! :) The last bonus level of the last Galaxy (red one) is nasty!

Kutyafule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I only managed to reach 6th place overall with all 3 stars, and I quite liked the Hydra (the last bonus level) although you do need some luck there as well. It's an excellent game, I don't know why it's not that popular.

Most reactions