Solar charging

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by dbdoug, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mackindesouza

mackindesouza
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The solar panel is good for charing your ipad and it looks also very handy, one can definitely take proper use of it.

2. jinxx00

jinxx00
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking on Kickstarter & came across the 'Lilypad Solar Case for IPad'. It seems there are some 'name' problems for the product and possibly some manufacturing faults as well. I'm keen for the case and the bag but does anyone have any knowledge of the product or it's production status and when it may be available?

3. elglobie

elglobie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

Can you give a link to this product ?

4. lwestlie

lwestlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I purchased a 15 watt folding solar charger (SunLeaf Pro) for my hiking trip to Glacier National Park. It was able to charge my iPad 2 33% in about 3 hours of direct sunlight. They gave me a coupon code for $20 off my next order, but I don't need a second one. So here is the code. "THANKS20"

5. dukstuf

dukstuf
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Lilypad is now Kudo because Apple objected to the "pad" in lilypad. Apparently Apple was around before God created lilypads. It's produced by a very green, quite small company.

It's a solar ipad case that appears pretty tough and is manufactured out of 80% recycled materials. It extends the battery life, recharging indoors and out. It has HDMI-out built into the unit. It has a USB charging port for your phone and stuff. It comes in a couple of funky colors.

I don't think it can stand up to heavy use and never need recharging...if your on your ipad many hours a day, it will only extend the times between charges.

Still, it's innovative and green, and worth a look to anyone interested in conservation and supporting smaller mom and pop companies.