What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software Update Times Out

mrawdon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update always times-out when downloading. I have tried disabling my firewall and antivirus software but that doesn't help. Is there any other source of updates other than Apple Server? Verrrry frustrating!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mrawdon. If you haven't seen it yet, there is a sticky note in this section of the forum and other sections as well addressing the time out. In case you didn't see it, here is a link. This advice is provided by one of our forum moderators. I hope this helps, reply to thread if you find any other ideas on a successful update. NOTE: a lot of forum members (including me) gets stuck on 'backing up'. There is another thread about that problem. But for now, here is a link, read this link, and then search the forum...best place to try other ideas is the IPAD OS section.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html

Most reactions

Latest posts