What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

software update problems

violingal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to dowlnload the latest ipad software update , everytime i come in to check the computer the downlaod has stopped and i click to start it and it starts all over, its says it will take a few hrs to do, i cant jsut sit here..whats the problem???? help! am on 4th try now!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
violingal said:
I am trying to dowlnload the latest ipad software update , everytime i come in to check the computer the downlaod has stopped and i click to start it and it starts all over, its says it will take a few hrs to do, i cant jsut sit here..whats the problem???? help! am on 4th try now!

Restart the iPad then connect it to pc and try again. Did you have any password in the iPad? If so disable it for the update, I had a similar issue ones.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
V

violingal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it isnt password protected, and really its an issue with my PC i think, just trying to download it to that and then to my ipad...UGH...very frustrating

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you can try another pc? Hang in there, you will get it.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you receiving any type of error during the install? I found that mine would always fail until I turned off any firewalls or virus protection programs I had running on my puter. I use Kaspersky and have to disable it completely or none of my updates via iTunes will work.

Hope you get it figured out!

OP
V

violingal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Auggghhh...just had massive virus issue and they put kaspersky on my pc...bet thats it....last night aftr babysitting this thing it got down to 1 second left..no lie and i got a session has timed out message. ..auggghhh

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
violingal said:
Auggghhh...just had massive virus issue and they put kaspersky on my pc...bet thats it....last night aftr babysitting this thing it got down to 1 second left..no lie and i got a session has timed out message. ..auggghhh

Anti virus is usually the problem. Can you temporarily disable it, because then the download should work? This is a common issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts