What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software to work with the next iOS release?

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some software for my ipad from the store, however I am worried that with the next release of hte iOS it will stop working, and the software developer will abandon it.

The software I'm referring to is Air Video. It would be incredibly convenient to have, it saves me from re-encoding all my videos, and the free version works great, however the advantage of upgrading to the paid version is well worth it, especially at only $2.99.

Does anyone else use it? I've heard of apps breaking with the new os releases and being abandoned after that. I've never bought an app from the itunes store, or anything for that matter. I use my personal mp3 collection, and just play the free games and apps on it.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps generally always still work with the new iOS. At most there will be a free update from the developer if needed.

OP
N

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I am weary about taking hte plunge but I guess there's nothing left but to do it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are worried about it wait a couple weeks before you do the upgrade. By then there should be news on various app compatibility issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts