What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software/App that can display a presentation on a PC to multiple iPad's?

JoshR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

We have a conference room with a 65" tv hooked up to a PC. Displaying PowerPoint or Excel presentations on this tv is good, but people sitting in the back of the room have a hard time seeing everything. I would love to have an app where people could bring their iPad's into the room and see the presentation on there rather than squint at the tv.

I guess ideally it would be a server component that I would buy and install on the Windows PC, and then hopefully a free app for the iPad that people can install to view.

Hopefully there would be no max iPad limit.

I've googled a lot and have yet to find anything that can do a 1pc to many iPad display... All I could find was a cryptic video from At&t:

I couldn't find out what that software/app was called however.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Josh,

this is not the app in the video but have a look at iVideoShow. Here is a link to a German website but the video explains it.

The app should be available in the US and or UK AppStore as well. (I cannot see where you are from.) Search for iVideoShow.

Hope this helps.

Knut

OP
J

JoshR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knut,

I'm from the US. Thanks for the reply. That app looks similar to what I'm looking for, however I want the presentation to originate from a laptop or desktop pc. So ideally I would pay for an application that runs on a pc, and the client apps would be view-only for show on an iPad.

Denver,

I haven't much looked into VNC yet so I'll have to give that a shot. Can you recommend any specific VNC program? I really want it to be as easy as possible for the clients to connect and view the presentation so the easier the better...

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Josh,

I had a closer look at the video and its description. It reads:
"""A&T have developed an App to stream live Powerpoint Presentations on iPads."""
This could mean
a: that the app is an internal one - from A&T
b: that there is no such in the official appstore - hence they had to develop it
c: there might be a similar app in cydia store - I have no idea about jailbraking etc.

But I found the following as well:
The uploader is Leigh Simmons. He has two videos on youtube.
The one that you linked here and [video=youtube;0PRpaphvXCw]http://youtu.be/0PRpaphvXCw"]another one[/URL] with 100 ipads and his website. (www.tablet-rental.com[/video]) He ...quire about the app. Hope this helps. Knut

OP
J

JoshR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh you are correct, it says A&T not AT&T. Amazing how my eyes can read the same thing 20 times and never notice that.

Thanks for the help with this! If you get a response definitely let me know. I just hope it isn't a proprietary app that only they can use. At least from the video it seems like this would do exactly what I want...

Josh,

and I think this app is quite good, so I contacted the sales team in the UK.
I will get back as soon as I get an answer.

Knut

Most reactions