What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So....

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do we know for sure if there is a big update today? I saw on the news that apple would announce a new iPhone but there was no mention of software update for today right?

disco_UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nothing for sure, but iOS5 was announced for an autumn (fall) release so if the new iPhone 5 (or 4s whichever rumour you read) is to be announced today then it can be assumed it will come preloaded with the new iOS5 update. It'll be announced at 1pm PST (9pm GMT I reckon, could be wrong lol) only 7 hours to go!

Can't wait as it will open new possibilities for my ipad2/appleTV as well as I love the notifications and camera changes on my iphone4.

:)

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's still possible no hardware is yet shipping, and iOS 5 is not yet ready... Developers never received a Gold Master - though this doesn't guarantee it's not ready yet either...

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok so I think that's about 4pm eastern standard time here in the states. I will check it out later.
Thanks!!! Annette

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The event is 10:00am Pacific Time, so 1:00pm Eastern Time

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So if they do offer the upgrade today will that go ok? I've had little experience with apple. When they do these big announcements does their site do ok with so much activity? Is it advisable to wait a day or two?

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking nothing is happening today...haven't heard a thing. Bummer

safeplayer22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, ios 5 is coming out and I don't really see what the big deal is. But for 90% of the regular iphone & ipad users who don't have a jailbroken device, then its a big deal. but for us who uses a jailbroken device, this is nothing new. I hope the ios5 will get jailbroken fast and new features will be added on from those great developers out there.
the iphone 4s is not bad but come on, the phone is pretty much the same as the iphone 4. I would have liked it if it had a bigger screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts