What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, who will dump the ipad3 to get a mini?

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way! Going from an iPad 3 to a mini will be a hefty downgrade. It'll be great for folks just getting into the tablet market and for casual users.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very much enjoying my still-new black 64gig WiFi iPad3, so a new smaller Apple pad, probably without Retina and some other iPad3 goodies, would just make it a matter only of size convenience in different situasions.

Now if the new Mini would front up with a good camera and can also be a phone with a sim card slot, that would perk up my interest. Pointing the iPad3 as a camera or putting it to my ear as a phone somehow seems err strange, perhaps comical.

Gee I love all the speculation before a new product comes out and seeing in retrospect which guesses were right!
regards,Andrew

Last edited:
OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I hear a lot of women who would love a smaller device to fit in their bags. Teens also value the size.. And the success of the kindle speaks for itself. As for owning both; I think it would be over kill and a want vs need.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love this size. I can read books with ease without resorting to glasses all the time

I also own bags to fit the iPad 3. Not the other way round, lol!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

rolledm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep in mind you can get an iPad2 for that much. This is my theory - they will sell the iPad Mini 16GB for $200.00, the iPod Touch 8GB version only for $99.99 and then go up in size to increase the price which would allow for choice to be available to the consumer. I think Apple's plan is to have the consumer own both an iPhone, iPad 2/3 AND/OR an iPod Touch. They are going to price the devices not to compete with each other, but to compliment each other.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All my wants are needs and my needs are wants. :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So really, the title is deceiving to me at least. Nobody would dump their iPad to go for the mini...but to perhaps get both to compliment their lifestyle usage.

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope.. My ipad 3 is still fresh from the farm (apple store).. I'll rather wait for the next or the new ipad 4, 5, 6, etc.. Original ipad size is
Good for me..

Chessara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way I will get rid of my iPad 3! And I don't think I will get a mini, I can't think of any reasons why I should get one......

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From dealing with some smaller screens in BestBuy I conclude, they are much harder to use. I learned this from my iPhone4 small screens are not great to do much with.

Most reactions