What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Who is Getting 10 Hours Battery Life?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem may be due MultiTasking.

I have changed my Mail accounts to not Push and to update manually.

I am also closing down all tasks every day. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to completely shut Apps down when you are finished with them, now that we have MultiTasking.

I have mail push on and never shut down any apps manually. I still get the same battery life as I did before 4.2

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get 12 hours plus I charge overnight on wall socket and use the ipad from 6am through to at least 10 pm it stays on battery and not switch off. Early morning web surfin reading news etc 2 hours daytime usage at work is about 2 hours night usage streaming video,web surf gaming etc 3 hours. CBattery usually at 50% or greater by time I recharge. The ipad is never switched off I have tested using it longer on weekends and still get minimum 10 hours plus IPhone similar except when using gps which drains battery fast however it's hard to estimate as the phone charged in car parrot system.
It must be something about Australia! LOL

tahjxmassakr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't put my iPad down, but it's still maintaining an amazing battery life. Currently, with heavy usage (gaming, streaming, browsing, screwing off, etc...) my iPad lasts nearly 2 days.

eltos_lightfoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it be a 3g issue? I know at my old job my Droid was constantly trying to get a connection and would only last a few hours, as I was at the periphery of the tower.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep the brightness low unless I'm outside or in bright lighting, and I get at least 12 hours, usually more. I charge every 2 or 3 days.
I don't watch a lot of video on it yet, so maybe that is why the battery is lasting so long.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could it be a 3g issue? I know at my old job my Droid was constantly trying to get a connection and would only last a few hours, as I was at the periphery of the tower.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have WiFi only so that's not the issue.

I might be imagining things, but the rate of battery usage seems to have slowed since I took the measures described earlier.

I will know for sure in a few days.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't tell if mine is not working as long or not. Sometimes the battery is running really low at night when I'm watching a movie, then I check the clock and do a little math in my head and it seems right. Maybe I'm just using it more:D I still get 8 hours or more of use out of the thing per day.

Reaction score
The one thing you guys are not mentioning is how much time in-between those 12-15 hour numbers is the iPad not being used and in the lock screen. Maybe the guy getting only 5 to8 hours is using it nonstop and the people getting 12 to 15 have a lot of down time in between. Personally with the exact settings that it came with I'm getting almost exactly the advertised 10hour at 10% an hour of straight web browsing game playing YouTube viewing over wifi. I did a little test today and at exactly 3:30 pm my battery was at 75% and I used it nonstop till 6:30 and the battery is at 45% exactly what jobs said. Pretty accuRate for me.:ipad-keyboard:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one thing you guys are not mentioning is how much time in-between those 12-15 hour numbers is the iPad not being used and in the lock screen. Maybe the guy getting only 5 to8 hours is using it nonstop and the people getting 12 to 15 have a lot of down time in between. Personally with the exact settings that it came with I'm getting almost exactly the advertised 10hour at 10% an hour of straight web browsing game playing YouTube viewing over wifi. I did a little test today and at exactly 3:30 pm my battery was at 75% and I used it nonstop till 6:30 and the battery is at 45% exactly what jobs said. Pretty accuRate for me.:ipad-keyboard:

No, I'm getting about 13-14hrs of straight video play at about 20% brightness. I go on quite a few international flights each year between the US and Japan and Europe, so I do it quite often. That's the only aspect of the iPad that I haven't been completely disappointed in, and the only reason I even use it anymore.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting at least 12-15 hours on a charge. I only have to charge it once every other day or so....

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting about 10% per hour, reading, surfing, games, w/multitasking, playing music the whole time.
I keep the brightness at minimum except when the sun comes directly in, then I bump it up to maybe 30% or so. Thats 10 hours easy.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Splashtop Remote almost exclusively all day every day and I have been getting over 10 hours of on time. I am at about 5% after 10 hours. That app is constantly downloading data so thats pretty darn good!

Screamjeanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem may be due MultiTasking.

I have changed my Mail accounts to not Push and to update manually.

I am also closing down all tasks every day. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to completely shut Apps down when you are finished with them, now that we have MultiTasking.

I also had a battery problem. I took it to our Apple store and they found I had programs running in addition to the "push". Once they closed the programs and I reloaded everything, I've never had another problem. I'm probably just jinxed myself. Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts