What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Who is Getting 10 Hours Battery Life?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am getting less than 5 hours I think. It is hard to gauge but I am sure that it is nowhere near 10 hours as advertised.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly the opposite as you, last time I tested, which was right after 4.2 was released, I was getting close to 15 hours streaming movies and shows at about 30-40% brightness with some mixed in web browsing. Haven't tested it while gaming or anything like that.

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting 10-12 hours of battery time depending on what I am doing with it.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Exactly the opposite as you, last time I tested, which was right after 4.2 was released, I was getting close to 15 hours streaming movies and shows at about 30-40% brightness with some mixed in web browsing. Haven't tested it while gaming or anything like that.

I am using it mainly for web browsing, perhaps that is more battery intensive.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lower your brightness and report back. I keep mine at the lowest setting and have gotten 14 hours.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
averaging 9.5-10. some games require more power as the screen really needs to be bright to see everything. I rarely need to do that.

Keeping the brightness low will help with keeping the battery life longer. I usually have mine as low as it goes. For watching movies I keep it about 1/2 way up.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there is no product in the world that would report battery life at full brightness. If it got 10 hours at full brightness that would mean the units max life would be closer to 25 hours!!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am using it mainly for web browsing, perhaps that is more battery intensive.

Streaming media is even more intensive than web browsing, because it's streaming the file, re-encoding the video on the fly, and playing the video.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get 12 hours plus I charge overnight on wall socket and use the ipad from 6am through to at least 10 pm it stays on battery and not switch off. Early morning web surfin reading news etc 2 hours daytime usage at work is about 2 hours night usage streaming video,web surf gaming etc 3 hours. CBattery usually at 50% or greater by time I recharge. The ipad is never switched off I have tested using it longer on weekends and still get minimum 10 hours plus IPhone similar except when using gps which drains battery fast however it's hard to estimate as the phone charged in car parrot system.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never move my brightness from right at 50% and I get right at 10 hours of battery life playing games and browsing. Watching movies takes it down a little bit, but that's cause I usually up the brightness a little I bet.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I average 10-12 hours in mixed use. I'm at 51% right now and I've downloaded and watched a television ep, read several chapters of Dead Until Dark and downloaded and read issue 151 of Evo magazine, played multiple games of Rage and Jungle Jewel, and browsed forums over the last 6 hours.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually average 10-12, I use it to watch movies and stream music at work, and obviously check these forums, i couldn't imagine getting 5 or less.

areobe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting way more than 10 hrs. I can't kill this thing.

Most reactions