What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So we are set to celebrate Christmas. But what about that Mayan calendar?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about that prediction of the cataclysmic end of the world on 21 December? Yet some are saying that the earth will undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation. A worrying thing is apparently the number of young people who are said to not be able to eat or sleep and with suicidal thoughts about it.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lightbearer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12/21/12 on the Mayan calendar does not even match up with our 12-21-12.
A begining of a spiritual transformation in the upcoming times sounds good, but what if something bad has to happen for the greater good? Its the only way us hard headed human learn. Look what we've done to this place in the last 50yrs

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Mayan calendar is circular...it just starts over again.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Attachments

• image-1077378881.jpg
    image-1077378881.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 412

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Mayan calendar doesn't predict the end of the world, it predicts a new beginning. There were several of these "new beginnings" in the Mayan calendar but doomsdayers see what they want to see. Notice I used the word "predict".

"If they were so smart, how come they're so dead?" - The movie Doom

Last edited:

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I have an issue believing any civilization that couldn't see it's own demise could accurately predict another one's future demise. More than likely, they just ran out of paper or their kid interrupted their writing. I have 3 calendars that end on Dec 31, 2012 hanging in my house as we speak. Yet I do not believe it when Hallmark tells me that there are no days after that point. And each year, I have to go buy another calendar because guess what....there was another day after Dec 31!

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I have an issue believing any civilization that couldn't see it's own demise could accurately predict another one's future demise.

Exactly :)

Interpretation is not fact. There was a time when mankind used all available information to arrive at the idea that the world was flat. Today we know that "interpretation" was wrong.

Last edited:

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you bought a horoscope app from itunes it would tell you that the end of the world is far far away by a long shot and this app is pretty accurate since it also tells you which trends for color or animal or car and else :thumbs:

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly :)

Interpretation is not fact. There was a time when mankind used all available information to arrive at the idea that the world was flat. Today we know that "interpretation" was wrong.

Good point, but I tell you what; when President Kennedy pronounced that Cuban blockade in the 60s, I was very much younger then, but can still remember there were people thinking end of world thoughts then. There were a lot of "facts" people were not told (what's changed?) so interpretation was all they had to rely on. Well at least mankind is still hanging on here trying to cook up new things to worry about
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
"All of this has happened before - all of this will happen again." ;)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Very true...and don't we have several existing threads that speak about the Mayan calendar already? ;)

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Very true...and don't we have several existing threads that speak about the Mayan calendar already? ;)

I think the Mayans just got the date wrong and meant the 12.12.12 We have interpreted their predictions wrong. They just meant we would never see such dates again in our life time.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Mayans just got the date wrong and meant the 12.12.12 We have interpreted their predictions wrong. They just meant we would never see such dates again in our life time.

Yes...let's hope that this is the end of "end of the year..." seems like it's been quite the talk about end of the world/mayan calendar! Let's let 12-12 or 12-21 whichever day it is come and go be done and move on. At least that's what I am doing! ;)

Most reactions