So my iPad died...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by newfmp3, Feb 10, 2011.

1. EODtech

EODtech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I had a MacBook die with in the first year. I called Apple on a Sunday the next AM I received the box, took it the same day ( Monday ) to DHL. Apple repair facility in Dallas, TX received it the 8 AM ( Tuesday ) , repaired my laptop ( no replacement laptop ) and shipped it that same day at 4 PM. I received my laptop at 10AM Wednesday. Can't beat that for service.

2. newfmp3

newfmp3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm back in business. Feb 6th placed the call for repair, Feb 22nd got my replacement. The weather was a big factor in the Delay, but as expected, the replacement came from the States which was also a delay. I'm sure summer months would be quite a bit quicker.

I'm surprised they don't have an advanced replacement option like many companies do now. Basically, they take your visa, send you a replacment via air, and you put the old one in their box and send it back. If for some reason you do not ship old one back, or your broken one was damaged somehow that voids warranty, you get billed.

Anyways, new one is scratchless/mint. My old one was as well as I take care of my things. But I am at awe at how bad the iTunes backup is. Lost my favorites, wireless/email settings gone, and of course there is no single way to automatically list or download all of your applications again if they are not on your desktop/itunes already. Your purchase history in itunes is a un-organized mess that Apple should be embarrassed about, and when downloading apps again, it is far too easy to get re-billed for the same app you already bought. This happened to me when 4.2 messed up my ipad and I had to restore, and got charged again for the same apps I already had, and now it's happening again. ARG

Pathetic really. I just do not see this Apple quality and service that people keep hyping. Seems no different then any other average company to me.