So many iPad Haters

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by rudeman, Feb 15, 2010.

1. JocK

JocK
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    false expectations

It seems to me that those 'iPad haters' just have the wrong expectations. They seem see the iPad as some mobile computer, and judge it as such.

The iPad is 'just a giant iPod touch'? Fine. I am not bothered. Apparently I want a giant iPod touch. I don't want a computer. I want an interactive web and multimedia browsing device that is fully mobile. A device that I can hold like a book and with a screen that is big enough to read PDFs, and with some keyboard-like input capability so that I can maintain my blog when on the go.

Why be bothered about anti-iPad comments?

2. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    What I've noticed most about iProduct haters is mostly "Face Appearance" commenting. Those guys have mostly invested in something else and have joined in other communities. Talk to them in private and most of them are curious and envious of the novelty Apple can create.

3. Alex

Alex
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The iPad IS a giant iPod Touch. But why that's a bad thing, I don't know. I can't count the number of times where people say they love their iTouch/iPhones, but wish it just had a larger screen. WELL NOW IT DOES. I think the majority of the masses expected something 'revolutionary' but in reality, it's just taking a revolutionary device and 're-revolutionarizing' it. And there's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's a also a very safe path to take when entering a market that Apple has failed at every single time they've tried in the past.

4. raytmercer

raytmercer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I had lunch yesterday with the sales manager for the local Best Buy. Although mandated by corporate, she felt that the iPad was a waste of floor space. At least I know where I am not going to buy one.