What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, ipad 2 users, what are your upgrade/update plans?

jenni122701

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no plans to upgrade from my iPad 2 anytime soon. I love it. I have the iPad 2 and also have a Galaxy Tab 2 7", so I'm good. If I had the spare money, I'd go ahead and get the iPad 3, but it's just not an option for me now. I sure wish iPad 2 could have had Siri, then I'd be PERFECTLY happy. Lol! :)

~Jenn~ Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad 3 and 4s slower battery charge time, heavier, thicker, are enough to make me wait till furture models, also the differences with the newer models isn't that great, takes a while to figure out which iPad you are using. The retina is only noticeable when reading, and barley. The speed of the 4 isn't that much faster, of course all those who went out and bought it will swear different, but apple fans still insist apple makes good earphones, lol.... I'm waiting for the 2nd mini, or iPad 9..... Still enjoying the 2... (not all apple products are great I have a useless iPod nano that sucked)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still using my iPad 2, along with iPad 1 and 4. I use the 1 for videos now, and do my browsing on 2 and 4. The speed and reliability are noticeably better on the 4 for my uses. I like to double team iPads, so I always have one that's charged. I find iPad 2 crashing more frequently, so I expect to upgrade it to iPad 5. Once that happens, I'll retire iPad 1 or give it away, and iPad 2 will become my video-only iPad.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chimom79 said:
I have no plans to upgrade from my iPad 2 anytime soon. I love it. I have the iPad 2 and also have a Galaxy Tab 2 7", so I'm good. If I had the spare money, I'd go ahead and get the iPad 3, but it's just not an option for me now. I sure wish iPad 2 could have had Siri, then I'd be PERFECTLY happy. Lol! :)

~Jenn~ Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

How do you like the galaxy 7"? I've entertained the idea of that over the mini. Is seems quite nice but the open sys and all the apps on my apple hold back.

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm still using my iPad 2, along with iPad 1 and 4. I use the 1 for videos now, and do my browsing on 2 and 4. The speed and reliability are noticeably better on the 4 for my uses. I like to double team iPads, so I always have one that's charged. I find iPad 2 crashing more frequently, so I expect to upgrade it to iPad 5. Once that happens, I'll retire iPad 1 or give it away, and iPad 2 will become my video-only iPad.

When or what causes the crashing? Specific apps? Is there something wrong with it hardware wise or do you think the older processor and whatever is causing it? I've never had any crashes and am curious why this happens?

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I fall in love with my iPad 2. Its a decent machine. And I customized it for my own. Right now its just like one of by body part. And I never thought about changing it (because its don't give any trouble yet.). So I think I will wait. Until something come up really great. Because retina display and new camera is not a good reason for upgrading a new one. :D

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32 GB 3G Ipad works fine and is a keeper. I did get my wife a 16 GB Mini and must admit it is sweet and I'm jealous.

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dreamerdonkey said:
Actually I fall in love with my iPad 2. Its a decent machine. And I customized it for my own. Right now its just like one of by body part. And I never thought about changing it (because its don't give any trouble yet.). So I think I will wait. Until something come up really great. Because retina display and new camera is not a good reason for upgrading a new one. :D

Yeah, the camera or display never did enough for me to switch but the better processor and video performance is a little more intriguing. Still, I'm staying with what I've got. I'm the type to keep using something until it stops performing the tasks I ask of it. Or something like that. ;). By spring time we could have an iPad 5 out anyways.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have since purchased the iPad 3 and the mini, but I have no plans to get rid of my iPad 2.

Last edited:

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a iPad 2 back in December 2012, and loved it. Sold it a few weeks ago and purchased an iPad Mini last night (not sure if that counts as an upgrade). I think I love the Mini even more! Portability, better cameras, Siri, and for me the screen is clearer for reading my ebooks than it was on the iPad 2.

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Kept my 64 GB 3G iPad 2 and then added a 64 GB LTE iPad mini over the holidays.

I like taking my mini with me when I leave the house. At home, I'll use both but I find myself leaning more towards the mini because it's easy to throw around.

Dopplerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had my iPad 2 (64Gb 3G) almost since they first came out and it has performed faultlessly, updates and all. It has become an essential part of my daily life and as long as the battery and system hang in there I will continue to use it with no plans for an upgrade.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll probably get the iPad 5 when it's released. I've offloaded quite a few GB of documents from my library so I can continue using my iPad 2 without feeling cramped by storage limitations but I can't keep doing that forever. This is my year for my upgrade.

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had my iPad 2 (64Gb 3G) almost since they first came out and it has performed faultlessly, updates and all. It has become an essential part of my daily life and as long as the battery and system hang in there I will continue to use it with no plans for an upgrade.

I'm still doing the same thing. If I could just find a reason to upgrade. But, I cannot. The trusty iPad 2 keeps humming along and runs every app I need it to. The nice thing about not upgrading too frequently is that when you eventually do the changes are much more drastic and noticeable. That's why I know when I finally do get a newer iPad, it will be like starting completely over. How cool! :)

Most reactions