What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how much did everyone else spend on their ipad accesories

JaiDineshable

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent a lot more than I expected:

70 for a smart cover

20 for a zagg back shield

10 dollar for a brandless screen protector

25 dollars on a black leather sleeve for ipad+smart cover from ebay

and I couldnt resist

so 60 more for a incase bookjacket

so about 200 dollars with shipping...I shouldn't have gotten the sleeve if I knew I was going to get a separate case for commuting.

Another point is that I can't believe the leather smart covers are 70 dollars when I put it next to my 60 dollar bookjacket, I mean magnets and leather I know...but its just a flap...I dont know if its the bookjacket thats cheap or the smart cover that is expensive..

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Zaggmate keyboard/case $99.00 (LOVE IT!)

Neoprene inCase $24.00

Love the Zaggmate. Wonderful. great protection, too.

Preacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zaggmate ($99)
Leather Folio & Neoprene sleeve (From AT&T online sale @ $10 each)
Molle sleeve ($36)
Screen protector/Anti-glare/anti-smudge ($20)
Cheapo stand for the kitchen ($15)

All in all... too much :D

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I've done some buying and returning, but the final total is:

Verbatim Foldable keyboard: $62
Switcheasy Canvas:$50 (came with surprisingly good screen protector)
Stylus: $20

Plus tax + shipping

I'm not willing to talk about the cost of apps...lol

It was all worth it though. This thing is awesome!

Veritas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking about this on my way to best buy today when I was going to look for accessories for the iPad. so far I've gotten cheapo eBay case for the back $8, cheap screen protector $3, and a case logic tablet carrying case $12.

A couple things I'm eyeing are a smart cover because they are coolmand the white carbon fiber bodyguardz skin thing. I think the bodyguardz skin will spend how much big the screen protector is.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the first thing I needed was a wireless router in my house as this is the first wireless device that I have owned. I opted for the Airport Extreme for $179 since the future is wireless. Then there was the tan leather smart cover for $69. I also bought AppleCare for $79 because I am conservative on these things. Later I bought a 2nd USB cord so I would not have to unplug when I wanted to sync. And lastly a useful book titled "Portable Genius" for about $18; I am used to learning from a book like that. And a variety of paid applications like MotionX and Golfshot. Ok, I am in for over $1000...time will tell if this was worth it, but so far I am having fun!

Shortbread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
£1 so far on a neoprene sleeve. Got a switcheasy canvas on order but no idea when that'll appear.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent $15.00 on a silicone cover and about $20.00 on a wooden music stand that works great as a holder. $60.00 on my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. That's it.

Screen protector for the iPad? Waste of money if you ask me.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
The iPad...priceless. For everything else there's MasterCard.

Ok, I'll be serious! Smart cover 44 bucks, and later a leather folio cover for 15 dollars.

Reaction score
Zagg mate $70
Camera kit $30 shared between 2 Ipads
Targus Zierra leather folio $41
Neoprene zipper case $4
Apple Care $70 x 2 for mine and my wifes
Apple cover for my wifes Ipad $30

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About $200 for three iPads. A car charger and three extra wall warts were the major costs, but were worth it, for convenience.

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$30 for a inviz shield screen protector
$40 for blue smart cover.
$30 for inviz shield screen protector number two after the first one got dirt around the edges of my white iPad, I now know to expect that with the white iPad so that's the last time I'm buying a screen protector.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have spent a total of $167.00 I really shouldn't have, but biggest purchase was for clam case, got open box for $70, then there was extra long power adapter, stylus, neoprene sleeve, screen protector, 2 different cases 1 has built in stand, a separates adjustable stand, a carry bag that was for portable dvd player, but ipad fits perfect, then a car charger. I think that is it, god I hope that is it LOL

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protector for the iPad? Waste of money if you ask me.

I find that a matte screen filter helps enormously on reducing glare and reflection because I use my iPad outdoors a lot, and virtually eliminates smudges and fingerprints, so it's quite a useful accessory for me (and many others, I'm sure.)

Most reactions

Latest posts