So how can I really enhance my ipad experience?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by The best around, Dec 26, 2010.

1. The best around

The best around
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I like my ipad but fee like I use my computer more since I type much faster on it. I thought about buying the keyboard. Is there a mouse too that can control the iPad? I just feel like it would be weird to use a keyboard and have the ipad lie flat on the desk. That doesn't sound too comfortable.

2. Gunny008

Gunny008
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Do you have trouble typing on the touch screen? I actually prefer it to the laptop keyboard. Not sure about mouses, I doubt it

3. The best around

The best around
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I type over 100 words a minute on a computer so the ipad keyboard will automatically be a downgrade for me. I have gotten better when its vertical but the display is easier when horizontal so I never know what to do.

4. FatalDesain

FatalDesain
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There are mouse apps ans bluetooth mice and bluetooth keyboard fromm zaggmate. But i dont think u can use both at the same time. But if you are using ur ipad to type u are really doing to much, unless ur a midget i dont see why anybody would want this cramped experience.

5. BrennB

BrennB
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    @ FatalDesain....Geezo do you like your ipad or not? LOL dang you're grouchy today

re: keyboard, I got the Zaggmate for Christmas, its a bit tight but I'm getting used to it. I chose that over the apple keyboard/doc because it packs up and travels better. So depending on your needs you could do a keyboard with stand then you have no worries about the ipad laying flat. You could also look into a case/portfolio that ramps the ipad at an angle which makes it quite easy to type on the screen keyboard.

6. Major Eazy

Major Eazy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I know how you feel. I'm a touch typist and I do better with an actual keyboard than an onscreen keyboard.

You can buy various Bluetooth keyboards or Apple's own keyboard with a dock connection so you can dock your iPad on the back of the keyboard and not only that it is connected but also that the iPad stands upright.

But a mouse? I'm not too sure of it.

The iPad was designed to be used as a touchscreen, you're mean to touch the screen, that's why it don't have a mouse pointer on screen.

7. pmmartin

pmmartin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Enhancing Typing

Typing is great/fast with Apple bluetooth keyboard and ZAGG/Mate.2010-12-26_18-50-22_108.jpg

2010-12-26_18-48-03_281.jpg

8. Major Eazy

Major Eazy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I couldn't have put it any better than this, it's almost like as if pmmartin illustrate my point, but a great away of giving an example.

Nice one pmmartain.

9. The best around

The best around
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So the keyboard dock that is 70 bucks......you can stand the ipad up on it? If so I may invest in it. Also anyone know if that keyboard feels good in your lap? Thanks.

#9 The best around, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  10. dupont2005

dupont2005
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Auto correct and the spacebar not always being pushed when I think it is are my main complaints with typing. It's a learning process. I can still type kind of fast on it, but I will often have to edit my posts once or twice after I post it and reread it. I think that Zagg keyboard case is pretty cool. I don't see what use a mouse could be since it's a touchscreen though.