What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smurfs game victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since don't like much these Apple products I let my son play this device most of the time. One day he came to me and I keyed in my password to download a free game app but I don't have an idea that it will remains active for 15 mins.
After 5-10 mins luckily in my surprised the credit card company called me about $99.99 iTunes purchased. I don't have an idea he switch to play smurfs and told them to discredit the transaction.
Since I own this device I never purchase any app I only downloaded free games and app.

I don't know if this only happened to me in this forum but after googling it this is a common problem and that is why they are top earner on apple store, even many people calling this a scam. Why they did not ask again for password if you would do purchases I think they are targeting kids that would just tap n tap what ever that pops come out. Why in default the IAP is enable?

Lesson learned and more reasons to hate Apple...Just sharing my experienced.;)

alper.sener

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scam or Fraud on Smurf game on ipad

Same things happened to us. For more than 2 years we are using iTunes and paying money for applications. No other game cheated us like that before. My son does not know money and does not care warnings, he just clicks the popup screens normally. It's not normal or legal to attach payment option under this kind of popups. This is completely cheating service or game.

I want to warn whole families not to buy or play Smurf game on Ipad. If your son or girl keep continuing, please look at your credit card bill at the end of month.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same things happened to us. For more than 2 years we are using iTunes and paying money for applications. No other game cheated us like that before. My son does not know money and does not care warnings, he just clicks the popup screens normally. It's not normal or legal to attach payment option under this kind of popups. This is completely cheating service or game.

I want to warn whole families not to buy or play Smurf game on Ipad. If your son or girl keep continuing, please look at your credit card bill at the end of month.

There are two issues here..

First of all, call your local Apple Support line with the transaction reference on your iTunes invoice and they will re-imburse you with a credit to your iTunes account. They will always do this, so don't worry.

Second point is that you can turn off in-app purchases - 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions', 'In-app purchases' - > 'Off'.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are two issues here..

First of all, call your local Apple Support line with the transaction reference on your iTunes invoice and they will re-imburse you with a credit to your iTunes account. They will always do this, so don't worry.

Second point is that you can turn off in-app purchases - 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions', 'In-app purchases' - > 'Off'.

Let us know how you get on.

Tim

+1. Best route possible

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep we got bitten with this one as well. I downloaded this for our daughter (7yrs) and handed it it over to her to play with. A couple of weeks later when we got our c/c statement in & $65.00 was added to it from this bloody game NOT HAPPY JAN!! so we logged back into iTunes and deleted our c/c details.

I guess silly us for trusting apple. Some of these games should be done for extortion for the amount they charge you.

As they say once bitten twice shy.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep we got bitten with this one as well. I downloaded this for our daughter (7yrs) and handed it it over to her to play with. A couple of weeks later when we got our c/c statement in & $65.00 was added to it from this bloody game NOT HAPPY JAN!! so we logged back into iTunes and deleted our c/c details.

I guess silly us for trusting apple. Some of these games should be done for extortion for the amount they charge you.

As they say once bitten twice shy.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Apple will give you a refund. Just call their support line with the transaction details and they will refund this and credit it to your iTunes account. It's not Apple's problem, but the game developer who have charged you. Remember, too, that you can turn off 'In App' purchases. But, first of all, call Apple and get a refund.

Tim

rdvt4me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got that app yesterday for my grandsons. When you first bring it up, there is a screen that tells you that you may be asked to pay for additional services....which got my attention. It also shows you how to turn off in app purchases....so I assume they have been getting lot's of complaints. I quickly turned off in app purchases, knowing that my grandson just say yes to pop ups that show up.

My grandsons do not know my apple id password, so that may also keep me out of trouble....but I turned off in app purchases just to make sure.

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like a PP said, you can turn off "in app purchases" so nothing like this can happen.

Apple shows you how to do this in the iPad user guide. If people where to actually read it, they could save themselves some heartache and a huge CC bill.

BugandIggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autumnbaby said:
Like a PP said, you can turn off "in app purchases" so nothing like this can happen.

Apple shows you how to do this in the iPad user guide. If people where to actually read it, they could save themselves some heartache and a huge CC bill.

They would also quit blaming Apple and take responsibility for their error.

Hydepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey friends,what if i hv turned off the in app purchases,does it mean that everytime i want to buy the smurfberries,the password will be needed (not automatically proceed)?
Thx..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts