What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sms text forwarding

debs01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possibly I am just "search criteria challenged". I can search but am finding posts that are over a year old.

I, of course, have my iPad set to receive my iMessages. Is there a way to automatically forward sms texts from my iPhone to my iPad?

Thanks!
Debbie

OP
debs01

debs01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Much thanks! I didn't make my question clear, I guess. I have this part already set up. I am looking for something that will transfer non-Apple texts from my iPhone to my iPads.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you send a text from your iPhone since setting everything up?

OP
debs01

debs01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes. My iPhone and iPad have held those settings for a considerable amount of time. I had a non iPhone text come last night that didn't transfer to my iPad, and then another one this morning. Plus numerous others.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another question, just to make sure: is iOS 8.1 installed on both your iDevices?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your iPhone, go to Settings - Messages - Text Message Forwarding. When you open it, you should see a list with devices which are signed in to iMessages. Enable your iPad there, if you haven't done so yet.

You'll get a popup with the confirmation code on your iPad, which you have to enter on the iPhone.

shermaneg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On your iPhone, go to Settings - Messages - Text Message Forwarding. When you open it, you should see a list with devices which are signed in to iMessages. Enable your iPad there, if you haven't done so yet.

You'll get a popup with the confirmation code on your iPad, which you have to enter on the iPhone.

The popup did not appear. Where is it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The popup did not appear. Where is it?
Reset your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, your iPhone will power up on it's own. This won't change settings or remove data.

Then disable iMessage in Settings and wait for a few minutes. Enable it again, go to Text Message Forwarding and try the procedure once more.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts