What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMS app for for iPad 2 IOS 5.1.1

hsantos78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbrake for the fist time my iPad 2 3G with IOS 5.1.1 and need a SMS app for my iPad (one of the main reasons for my jailbraking ). I tried to install SwirlySMS . for iPad 3G but it shows a big warning that my IOS version is not supported. I need just to send and receive sms text message. Any idea or suggestions ? My microsim can send sms (ive tried with a cell phone and it does)

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He means to normal mobile number not just other imessenger users lol

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, this is a limitation with the free version.
The paid version of SwirlySMS works fine. Ive been using it for a long time now in my ios5.

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So u are using it on 5.1.1 if u are i will by it now and how to you buy it when cythia says you cant coz its not compatable

Last edited:

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah but how only free version gives options option to install others versions say cant purches due to incompatibility

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is one of those strange situations with Cydia.

Once you purchase a package, Cydia will allow you to install it on any device you choose, EVEN IF the compatibility with your device and version of IOS is not confirmed.

So, in this case, because I (and Rushh) already own this product, Cydia will let us install it on iPad3 5.1.1.

If however you don't own the product and Cydia does not yet have official confirmation from the Author of a tweak that it works, then it will not let you purchase it. This is to prevent the major admin headache of folks purchasing stuff which may not work and then seeking a refund.

The best thing you can do in this situation is get in touch with the Author using the contact details in Cydia and ask him to update the relevant package information so that it will install.

Hope that clarifies.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one of those strange situations with Cydia.

Once you purchase a package, Cydia will allow you to install it on any device you choose, EVEN IF the compatibility with your device and version of IOS is not confirmed.

So, in this case, because I (and Rushh) already own this product, Cydia will let us install it on iPad3 5.1.1.

If however you don't own the product and Cydia does not yet have official confirmation from the Author of a tweak that it works, then it will not let you purchase it. This is to prevent the major admin headache of folks purchasing stuff which may not work and then seeking a refund.

The best thing you can do in this situation is get in touch with the Author using the contact details in Cydia and ask him to update the relevant package information so that it will install.

Hope that clarifies.
I never KNEW that!! But it explains many issues I've had with Cydia over the years. I guess I understand why they do it - but it's really frustrating.. They have to rethink that whole process.

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well have not had a reply from either bigboss or dev u think they would refresh package compatabilty i mean there lossing money

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skedon said:
Well have not had a reply from either bigboss or dev u think they would refresh package compatabilty i mean there lossing money

Giving them just over 12 hours to respond is probably a little unrealistic! :D

I would suggest a week or so ;)
Always worth checking to see if the dev has a Twitter account and send a message on that too...

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bugger bought the app and all i get is error cms error 50 lol

Most reactions

Latest posts