What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking with your iPad

JayCin81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that smokes around their iPad experiences any performance issues with their iPad. Please chime in if you have. Thanks

And yes, I know I should stop smoking.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I almost hate to say this if there is any chance your iPad would help you decide to quite, but:

Any performance issues are most likely caused by you moving further away from the wireless router and putting a wall, or two, in between it and the iPad. Short of dumping your ashes into the ports, smoking a cigaret should have no effect on the iPad.

Well, if you chain smoke with it I suppose it might get tar stains on the aluminum and smell bad to non-smokers. ;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad doesn't have any cooling fan or ventilation slots that could allow the carbon particulates from smoking to be electrostatically attracted to the electronics inside the case which, I guess, might theoretically be a problem for a regular computer.

Tim

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've smoked many a cigar with my iPad. No issues.

Op, are you concerned for something specific? The whole question seems really odd.

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like a valid question to me. You just spend a good chunk of change on a new iPad you dont want it getting all nastied up lke a desktop computer. But as was stated, no fans sucking air in, so not the problem u have with a desktop of tar and gunk coating fans and all internal parts ruining PSU over heating vid card so on ands forth.

Russells iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad around my friends house every evening after work and about 4/5 of us smoking marijuana and cigarettes, had no problems yet... Only thing is my case smells quite bad :(

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Switch to e-cigarettes and get the Zippo lighter app. I swtiched to e-cigs, in June will be two years without any tobacco. It is a laugh riot to pull out the e-cig then open the Zippo app, snap open the lighter and then hold my e-cig up to the screen and start puffing.

Now that turns some heads.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Switch to e-cigarettes and get the Zippo lighter app. I swtiched to e-cigs, in June will be two years without any tobacco. It is a laugh riot to pull out the e-cig then open the Zippo app, snap open the lighter and then hold my e-cig up to the screen and start puffing.

Now that turns some heads.

Right on!!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts