What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Phone & iPad

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is wrong thread to post.

Do most or all of you have a smart phone as well as an iPad?

Thanks.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have a Droid 2. And a Droid 1. And a Blackberry Storm. OK, maybe the Blackberry Storm doesn't count. :D

Only the D2 is active but the others could be.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope.

I have a very generic Tracfone - pay as you go. I hates using the phone, I do. In fact, the cell phone is hardly ever turned on...

Marilyn

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure most folk will have a smart phone lol

iPhone 4 here - I don't think my job would allow anything other than a smart phone for work.

OP
T

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.
Am up for an upgrade and trying to decide should i go from feature phone to a smart phone.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's worth it.. Here's how I use my phone:

3 push (instant) email accounts
Text Messaging (unlimited)
Phone calls (Unlimited)
MP3 player (in the truck - I have unlimted data, so Pandora often or Rhapsody)
HD Video recorder - I have a GSD, so he's a kid to me
Photos - Never know.. I see a lot of neat stuff out and about
Facebook - I keep in touch
US Bank - Good way to check up on checking account/transactions
Google Earth - I was able to upload our job information for our sites. Pulls up details for each site and their exact location. GREAT for my job!
The Weather Channel - SO I can dress correctly
Calendar - This is auto sync with iPad and computer so I'm always aware of whats due, going on, plans.
UPS, USPS, FEDEX apps make it easier tracking multiple shipments (for work)
Media Remote - I often use my iPhone to control my Sony Media player, usually in the kitchen and bluetooth is wireless..

Surfing the web when I need to look up information. Great for them days with down time.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Wakaka

Most of the things you describe can be done just as well with an iPad, apart from texting and calling, but for those you don't require a smartphone.

And you can also accomplish these tasks on a laptop computer, and desktop ;)

The user is debating going from a feature phone to a smartphone. So clearly the topic is what can a smartphone provide that a feature phone can't? Assuming the OP doesn't want to carry a giant iPad around everywhere, AND that the OP has an iPad already (member on forum).

:D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has a smart phone (Samsung Fascinate) but she needs it for work. If I had a smart phone it would be just for fun, and talking at least $90 a month I just can't justify it. Paying off my house seems like a better way to go :D

Elcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a BB 9700, sold it. Now I have an e72 that I got from the company I work for.
Texting, emails, phone calls, all the rest i use my ipad.
Great setup. Dont feel I need a "smarter" phone.
BTW symbian sucks...

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
love my fascinate... especially now that words with friends is out for android...
I really loved my BB, it just worked.... great but not a lot of fun. Had windows mobile phones before that....have to have something to play with and tweak around. Also great for getting things done. I really don't want to carry my ipad in my purse!

Most reactions