What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart cover wear ?

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed some wear on my smart cover today on the aluminium part I have attached a picture to illustrate it just wondering if any one else had this problem and what they did about it.

Attachments

• image-3959840765.png
    image-3959840765.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 403

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jamrandy said:
I noticed some wear on my smart cover today on the aluminium part I have attached a picture to illustrate it just wondering if any one else had this problem and what they did about it.

I have the same mark, a little smaller though. It's on my bottom hinge of the smart cover but not the top.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-2324731166.png
    image-2324731166.png
    443.4 KB · Views: 291

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have the same wear. Keeping it clean has not been easy either.

Also, have you noticed that the magnets are not as strong? It sometimes come away from the Ipad.

Last edited:

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because ever Ipad2 I have seen with the smart cover, including mine has these marks. You can see there is metal to metal contact, it's gonna leave a mark with use.

How can you know that? The iPad 2 is just five weeks on the market.

Last edited:

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have the same wear. Keeping it clean has not been easy either.

Also, have you noticed that the magnets are not as strong? It sometimes come away from the Ipad.

Apparently some copies have weaker or more misaligned magnets than others. It's quite difficult to pull the cover away from my iPad. Take yours with you to an Apple Store and exchange for a cover that works well.

OP
J

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine back to where I bought it from and they changed it for me.

Bigtime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the cover and iPad, my cover work good. But I found a back cover that said "works with smart cover" But is very weak when installed, will fall off very easy after installing cover. So I cannot take to store to get them to fix because I am in Kuwait, US Army..

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing and my magnet is also very weak. I would take it back but I threw out the box. I could kick myself for that. I bought mine at a best Buy.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

OP
J

Jamrandy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katrina2475 said:
Mine is doing the same thing and my magnet is also very weak. I would take it back but I threw out the box. I could kick myself for that. I bought mine at a best Buy.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

They should take it back without the box just need you proof of purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts