What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart cover wear and tear?

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An hour?! What could you possibly do that takes you an hour to put a screen cover on?

I only put one on the back, not the screen. The screen would be quick and easy but since the back is not flat and has openings for the speaker, volume control, etc. it can be tricky. You also have to spend some time and TLC to make sure the corners stick. I have covered so many devices I can do a better job than the “professionals†at Best Buy or Invisible Shield locations. The back of my iPad 2 has the phantomskinz applied with not one blemish. It took about an hour to get all corners to stay in place. These are wet applications.

kami.hurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave myself plenty of time and I am very happy with my install job. It was my first iPad install. And only second invisishield install all together.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just noticed this thread.
Question to the Smart Cover owners. I have a leather smart case and I have noticed that there is excessive five on the thin magnetize bar near the hinges. This has case my IPAD to drop early today.

Can someone please verify or test. Just lay your IPAD flat and pull the cover from the middle. Comment to me if the thin rail bows like this

)

Reaction score
zipur said:
Can someone please verify or test. Just lay your IPAD flat and pull the cover from the middle. Comment to me if the thin rail bows like this

)
That is usually how I open the SmartCover, just place my thumb below the SmartCover edge near the Home button and lift it up, that way it folds neatly in half. If that is what you mean, then yes, my leather cover is also slightly overlapping.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My smart cover hinge is wearing out by touching my iPad.
It hasn't put a mark on my iPad thank god. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a pic.

64GB 3G White iPad

Attachments

• image-1636262438.png
    image-1636262438.png
    1 MB · Views: 323

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have decided to return mine this weekend. I'm starting to see a mark on my Ipad and I'm not happy. I will trade it in for a HDMI adaptor.

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything on mine, but I have only had it for 3 days. I absolutely love my smart cover. I will be keeping an eye on it though...

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine back today and got the Camera Connection Kit.. the kid at the Apple Store wasn't surprised in the least bit..

no harm to my iPad, just black marks where the hinge dust got on it, but that was easy to just wipe off.. I just really didn't want to keep the smart cover now that I have two cases and a sleeve.. that would have been wasted money for me.. i'll actually use the camera connection kit though..

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love how it turns the Ipad on and off but it is not worth the wear on my ipad. I’m sure someone will make a cover that will do the same thing.

Mikey180000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart cover wear

Hi
Had my iPad about 10days now minimal use a couple of hours each evening and the smart cover is wearing at the hinges. Should I bring it back?

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has not been off in over 2 weeks and I see no signs of wear or anything else negative that could be attributed to the smart cover.

Most reactions