What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smart cover smears?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i've read about this before as well...

i've got a black leather smart cover, which i love, but boy does it leave lined marks on the glass screen.

it leaves marks on the screen where the 3 long grooves are, which ironically touch the screen the least. the main 4 leather panels dont leave any marks. and it's a quick thing - it doesnt take days to happen, it happens all the time.

and i dont know what they are. these marks are easily removed by a cloth, and aren't black (so not the leather residue), and happen even when the cover is cleaned. its most strange. it isn't a problem, just a minor pain in the ass.

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect it's just dust/grime getting in where it doesn't touch as well - it's got a groove there...

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I do with my cover.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPeD8WLtOIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Reaction score
If one where not to touch the screen with fingers, there would be much less stripes.

Anyway, the cover has a micro-fiber inside, just slide it over the screen every once in a while, instead of lifting it up and the stripes disappear.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If one where not to touch the screen with fingers, there would be much less stripes.

Anyway, the cover has a micro-fiber inside, just slide it over the screen every once in a while, instead of lifting it up and the stripes disappear.

This works well.

thibaulthalpern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's a good way to wash the inside cover of the SmartCover? I have thought of scrubbing it in soapy water but suspect that could rust something or break something!

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thibaulthalpern said:
What's a good way to wash the inside cover of the SmartCover? I have thought of scrubbing it in soapy water but suspect that could rust something or break something!

Some people use a lint roller

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got an ink spot on grey side of smart cover. Cleaned perfectly with terrycloth, cold water and dab of non chlorine bleach. Orange front cover sparkling too with a wipe over using same cloth.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Brc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Zagg screen protector on since day 1 and there are black streaks on the screen from my black leather smart cover and cannot clean/get them off. I have tried the cover, soapy water, and a screen cleaner. Nothing works....any suggestions?
Best,
BC

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i've read about this before as well...

i've got a black leather smart cover, which i love, but boy does it leave lined marks on the glass screen.

it leaves marks on the screen where the 3 long grooves are, which ironically touch the screen the least. the main 4 leather panels dont leave any marks. and it's a quick thing - it doesnt take days to happen, it happens all the time.

and i dont know what they are. these marks are easily removed by a cloth, and aren't black (so not the leather residue), and happen even when the cover is cleaned. its most strange. it isn't a problem, just a minor pain in the ass.
I have the black leather smart cover and I can't say I have noticed marks on my screen

Most reactions