What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smart cover-leather or PU?

marydudu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the leather one is 69.99 and PU is 39.99 ; should i pay 30 dollars more for the leather one?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

The leather one feels really nice - have you felt them both?

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marydudu said:
the leather one is 69.99 and PU is 39.99 ; should i pay 30 dollars more for the leather one?

I would definitely go with the leather because I have a PU :))))
I also have a leather case on my iPhone and I love it.
Leather feels nicer when touched and I think it protects the iPad more then the PU

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Leather feels better, but if you're going for a bright color choose the PU.

Love the instant on/off and really hate having to swipe our older iPads to turn them on...

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you think about it, $70 for a simple cover is crazy no matter how soft or supple the leather is. I bought the cheaper $40 cover thinking I may one day stop using it like my original Apple Ipad cover.

LesMarti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the release date of the IPAD2, I bought the green cover that was around $40.00. After a week, it picked up every finger print and looked very old. I tried cleaning it with no luck. I returned it and bought the red leather cover for $70. Hated paying more but, I am not one to not protect my IPAD. I am happy with the leather cover.

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the blue one, but I think I may be changing to the black leather one to match the TPU case from eBay!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say leather. The only bad thing is the wear shows up quick. Scratches show horribly.

LesMarti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richrocks said:
I have the blue one, but I think I may be changing to the black leather one to match the TPU case from eBay!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SAM CLUB is selling the black one for $64.00.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too!!! Loving my black (leather) smart cover which is why I'm having trouble finding a case. I want (as everyone is well aware of) a book like case; Treegloo, DoDo, but these won't accommodate or special make one to meet my needs. No longer doing my "happy dance."

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I say leather. The only bad thing is the wear shows up quick. Scratches show horribly.

Scars and scratches on some types of genuine leather (e.g. aniline, semi-aniline) can usually be repaired - sometimes painstakingly, but it can be done. Also depends on how much wear and tear you subject them to: I've been using leather products for years, and most of my items have minimal scarring.

Most reactions