What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover Compatible Cases List

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purchased the SmartShell iPad2 Case from Speck. Well finished polycarbonate. It has picked up a few barely visible scratches in the month I've owned it, but that's what it's for. At $34.95 it's toward the top end of scale in terms of price.

But what set it apart from the competition is the embedded magnet in toward the "bottom" of the case. This holds the Apple Smart Cover in place nicely and eliminates the "floppy" cover problem. All in all, that feature alone was worth the purchase.

SDSkippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Enki Genius case on it's release date. It took about two weeks before I received it. It's a decent case. A little on bulky side. I had to do some modifications on it with my dremel. The edges are sharp and jagged from the press. Also, I had to make a notch for the mic since it there wasn't one. If I had to do it all over again, I would of gotten the Belkin Snap case. It's thinner and seems to be a better case. Oh well.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I heard that the CoverBuddy did not fit into the Apple Dock but that TheJoyFactory did. I have a TheJoyFactory SmartFit2 but since I don't have the Dock, I haven't confirmed this to be the case.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Enki Genius case on it's release date. It took about two weeks before I received it. It's a decent case. A little on bulky side. I had to do some modifications on it with my dremel. The edges are sharp and jagged from the press. Also, I had to make a notch for the mic since it there wasn't one. If I had to do it all over again, I would of gotten the Belkin Snap case. It's thinner and seems to be a better case. Oh well.

If you purchased the Enki Genius Case between 4/14 and 5/22, you should be receiving a replacement from Enki as a goodwill gesture to their customers for the problems in shipping and quality in their initial production run. The new design includes an opening for the mic.

Enki Genius Case Replacement Announcement

SDSkippy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. It's good to see that Enki is listening to their customers and addressing the issues I stated above.

gardenger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Appreciate you taking the time to post this. It has been a big help.

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the griff case? I am interested in a leather to match the red smart cover. Does it match? I am a little resistant from the photos as it seems to be two different reds.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got incase mag snap case for the back and so far like it....kept bumping my ipad2 against my belt buckle and finally broke down and bought some back protection.
2011-08-08015052.jpg

2011-08-08015149.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts