What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small White flashing dot on FaceTime screen?

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just used FaceTime on my iPad and noticed there's a small white flashing dot that shows up on the screen. It's really small and it's appearing on the very side of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what it could be?:confused:

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section, where I think it will receive better attention. I hope that is OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I will do the black screen test again this evening. They mention no cure to the problem, hopefully I don't have to swap this device for a "new" one again. Starting to lose all faith in apple...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you recall if it only is a problem with the FaceTime app? If it's just that app, then I can't see how it can be a pixel problem. If it occurs in all apps, then maybe - but since you mentioned just the FaceTime app, that's why I was sceptical about it being a 'dead' pixel on the screen.

Tim

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not to sure if it happens on any other apps as I only noticed this last night whilst using FaceTime. I will double check tonight.

Thanks

OP
B

Black9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right so I just done the black screen test and can't see any flashing dots on it. So from that it only seems to be on the FaceTime app! Any ideas?

One thing I did notice was when in the dark and I turn my iPad downwards so the screen is facing the floor and I look at the 4 sides of each section of the screen I notice a small gap of light breaking through what seems the seal? Is this normal or is it light bleed?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect that all screens bleed to some extent and the only issue is whether the problem worries you. If it does, take your iPad back and exchange it.

I'm puzzled, though, by your white dot problem - I've not heard anyone else mention this and, now that you've eliminated a possible dead pixel, it has to be a 'feature'!! Let's hope someone else knows...

Tim

1993Bruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem but with iPhone 5 camera. Facing normal way there is a white flashing dot at the very top screen. Slide it on to video it goes. Have it on face time camera it goes? image.jpg look above option button

Most reactions