What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small arrow symbol next to the battery% up top?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nuse3uva.jpg

I just noticed it, may have been there for some time, but only after the upgrade to 7xx, I think. Just wondering what it's telling me. Maybe a new system feature telling me I should look up from the iPad screen more often?;)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New changing icon which shows when on any ios7 device when plugged into power

Thanks Col, but I took that screen shot well after I disconnected it from the charger this morning. I know, it's probably in the manual and I just missed missed it by >< that much. And well done Queensland for not going into that daylight saving!;)
Andrew

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oops it's gone now after I swiped off the apps previously looked at. Sorry to waste everyone's time;(
Andrew

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The arrow shows that something was using your location.

OK thanks Johanna for the location hint, the manual shows me this...And I now see that arrow symbol there :)
e4e4ehad.jpg

"Something?" Now you have me worried. It's not those spaceships that were visiting your village some months ago, you remember LOL?
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks Johanna for the location hint, the manual shows me this...And I now see that arrow symbol there :) "Something?" Now you have me worried. It's not those spaceships that were visiting your village some months ago, you remember LOL? Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
Do you need a Sachertorte? I could try to send one to you. :D

Last edited:
OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you need a Sachertorte? I could try to send one to you. :D

Ah yes! That was it, I remember now. Sachertorte and a good coffee. mmmmm. The last one I had was in Vienna some years ago in a little cafe just across the road from the cathedral. Only slightly marred by a very elegant lady's dog constantly barking at me.
Andrew

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Restrictions > Location Services to see which app(s) recently requested location data.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes! That was it, I remember now. Sachertorte and a good coffee. mmmmm. The last one I had was in Vienna some years ago in a little cafe just across the road from the cathedral. Only slightly marred by a very elegant lady's dog constantly barking at me. Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

I have to admit that I never visited the cafes near the cathedral. I remember that one day we tried to spend a day in Vienna, but had to drive home soon because of an accident at home.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The arrow shows that something was using your location.
and the symbol is shown on page 12 of the iPad manual, together with many others.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My eyesight is not as good as these young ones

Heh. I need 2-diopter reading glasses since my cataract surgeries. My vision is excellent now from three meters outward, though.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions