What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow sync in POP3 ( Need Help)

leeds78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have configured POP3 in IPAD but it says downloading 1 of 50 for more than half an hour, and while syncing new message also it take long time.i tried deffernet POP3 account its working fine. we are using Lotus Domino 8. can anyone advise me to solve this issu.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have configured POP3 in IPAD but it says downloading 1 of 50 for more than half an hour, and while syncing new message also it take long time.i tried deffernet POP3 account its working fine. we are using Lotus Domino 8. can anyone advise me to solve this issu.

If this a new problem and the iPad has worked successfully previously and been able to download mail or is this the first time that you've tried to retrieve email from Lotus Domino?

Are you connecting to the Internet via WiFi or 3G? Can you use Safari to surf the Internet successfully and what, subjectively, is the speed like - i.e. can you determine whether you have a good Internet connection? Obviously, if your Safari experience is poor, indicating a poor Internet connection, the solution might well simply be Internet connectivity, rather than any specific issue with iPad Mail.

Tim

OP
L

leeds78

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If this a new problem and the iPad has worked successfully previously and been able to download mail or is this the first time that you've tried to retrieve email from Lotus Domino?

Are you connecting to the Internet via WiFi or 3G? Can you use Safari to surf the Internet successfully and what, subjectively, is the speed like - i.e. can you determine whether you have a good Internet connection? Obviously, if your Safari experience is poor, indicating a poor Internet connection, the solution might well simply be Internet connectivity, rather than any specific issue with iPad Mail.

Tim
This happen only for one user, I tried my mail box its working fine for me in same IPAD.
I doubt,this is to with Domino. if you have any idea about this please advise me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
This happen for only for one user, i tried my mail box its working fine for me in same IPAD.
I doubt,this is to with Domino. if you have any idea about this please advise me.

You will need to provide more information - such as the points I raised in my first answer to your question. In particular, if it's only affecting one user, can you identify how that user's iPad configuration varies from your own, since you suggest that you are not experiencing the problem.

Tim

OP
L

leeds78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the particular user it slow. i tried my mail account in same IPAD its working fine. I'm connecting with Wi-Fi, its internal, so its good speed. from Safari i'm able to login to mail box. i checked the configuration as well all are same as me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running out of ideas. You say that your iPad and your colleagues are configured the same - you can download email from the same account with no problems, but your colleague's download speed is slow and/or stalled.

Maybe one of the other Forum members has an idea? I guess your colleague has tried the power-recycle fix-it? i.e. completely powering the iPad down?

Tim

OP
L

leeds78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not explaining well.Ok Heres is the story, this one of Managers IPAD. I configured his email acount in the iPAD. its very slow.

Then i configure my e-mail account in the same his iPAD my email was working fine without any delay.

WE are using Wi-Fi. From Safari mail is working fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts