What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow keys

Alik33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - recently, there is often several seconds delay between me pressing a key and the letter or number appearing on the screen. Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any particular app? Anything running in the background? Have you tried a iPad reset?

OP
A

Alik33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any particular app? Anything running in the background? Have you tried a iPad reset?
Thanks for replying. Sorry I've not managed to get back to you till now.

It happens mostly when I'm typing in an URL or subject heading in the browser.
I don't actively have anything running in the background, although there'll be automatic processes going on, I suppose.
I did try a reset, but icloud automatically downloaded everything back in, so that may have put back any problem there was?

I'm not really knowledgeable about the ipad (or computing in general!) so I may be missing something obvious.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing 'history, and website data' etc. in the Settings for Safari? That may clear it.

You may have to re enter website passwords afterwards.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Sorry I've not managed to get back to you till now.

It happens mostly when I'm typing in an URL or subject heading in the browser.
I don't actively have anything running in the background, although there'll be automatic processes going on, I suppose.
I did try a reset, but icloud automatically downloaded everything back in, so that may have put back any problem there was?

I'm not really knowledgeable about the ipad (or computing in general!) so I may be missing something obvious.

Is this with Safari, or some other web browser like Chrome? If it's with another browser it is entirely possible that it's trying to match up what you've typed so far with common or recent search terms, thus causing the slight delay. Without knowing for sure it's hard to say though...

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
A

Alik33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this with Safari, or some other web browser like Chrome? If it's with another browser it is entirely possible that it's trying to match up what you've typed so far with common or recent search terms, thus causing the slight delay. Without knowing for sure it's hard to say though...

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

OP
A

Alik33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I'll try clearing history and data when I get back.

Rasmith - It is safari I'm using.

OP
A

Alik33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cleared history and data a day ago, and - so far - the keyboard is working OK. The problem was intermittent but hopefully it's sorted now. Thanks for the advice.

I'm sure I'll have other problems soon... !

Most reactions

Latest posts