What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloooow

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't upgraded my ipad 3 yet, I have done my iphone 5 and don't dislike it. My problem is my ipad is really getting slow and laggy sort of juddering especially on Facebook. Is this anything to do with the not doing the new update. I have never had this problem before.

Linda

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First thing to do is a hard reset. Hold down the home button and the power button at the same time until you see the apple logo on screen. Also, make sure apps you don't need aren't running and you turn off features you don't need. What version of the OS are you currently using?

It's probably worth an upgrade, especially if you like the look and feel of the new OS.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add to that great advice, I'd say that you may get a better end result by updating via iTunes on your PC/Mac, this will ensure that you get a complete fresh install of iOS and if there are any bugs or something is corrupted in your current set up it won't be carried across.

Make sure that you back up your iPad before doing the upgrade.

The Archangel

OP
lindy123

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay that made all the difference, feel really silly seems so obvious. Thanks so much I was getting a bit worried.

Linda

OP
lindy123

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm I may be a bit stupid, but to update via iTunes via my pic? I did read somewhere that I should update iTunes, I have always resisted because it seem to mess it up a bit. Can you give me the idiots version of how to do this please

Linda

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm I may be a bit stupid, but to update via iTunes via my pic? I did read somewhere that I should update iTunes, I have always resisted because it seem to mess it up a bit. Can you give me the idiots version of how to do this please Linda

You can update iTunes from within the app
I think its from the about pull down menu
It prompts you for which items to install
Real player and iTunes
Does it all in the background prompts you for a reboot for updates to enable
HTH

OP
lindy123

lindy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lovely thanks, I will have ago when I get on from work