What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingplayer IPAD app is out!

cryptospaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have held out for the iPAD version and found that it is out now. Quality is Amazing!

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need IOS 4.2 to run the new SlingPlayer. The App will only work with the SlingBox Pro HD and SlingBox Solo. So that leaves me out in the cold, since I have the SlingBox Pro and I am not about to spend more money for a new device.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need IOS 4.2 to run the new SlingPlayer. The App will only work with the SlingBox Pro HD and SlingBox Solo. So that leaves me out in the cold, since I have the SlingBox Pro and I am not about to spend more money for a new device.

Sadly sling media is a greedy ass company that not only charges a premium on the hardware, but also on the software needed to run it...and you have to buy that software again (multiple times on the same os now!!). They also completely stop supporting last gen hardware (as in, time to throw it in the trash).

I can't imagine the hardware in that cheap looking piece of plastic has changed so significantly that they can't even support it with low res output!! It's just their way of squeezing their customers since they have a corner on the market!

danbee46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought and downloaded the Slingbox app for my iPhone4 and it works great. When I synced my iPad it downloaded the iPhone version and it also works great. So I did not have to buy the iPad version --- just the one for iPhone4.

bobherz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow

Upgraded to slingbox pro hd, because the old slingbox was having heat issues and shutting down. Got the iPad Slingbox -- Amazing. Picture s so clear and sharp. Trust me, there is no comparison to iPhone Slingbox. An incredible leap forward.

Most reactions

Latest posts