What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I've been dying to get live tv on my iPad, apparently sling box is the only way to do it. But looking at the sling box site products, they have a sling box solo and a sling box hd. Ihave a coax cable, and that's it, but only the sling box pro has a port for it, but I'm not willing to pay 300 bucks to get the better model just for that... Is there a different (cheaper/older version) that has the same ability to stream to my iPad through the app?

Last edited:

Livebait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've been dying to get live tv on my iPad, apparently sling box is the only way to do it. But looking at the sling box site products, they have a sling box solo and a sling box hd. Ihave a coax cable, and that's it, but only the sling box pro has a port for it, but I'm not willing to pay 300 bucks to get the better model just for that... Is there a different (cheaper/older version) that has the same ability to stream to my iPad through the app?

*SlingPlayer Mobile requires use of a Slingbox SOLO or PRO-HD.

Before you buy this app I suggest you read it's reviews on the app store. They are really bad and the developer hasn't made any attempts to address the identified issues.

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

*SlingPlayer Mobile requires use of a Slingbox SOLO or PRO-HD.

Before you buy this app I suggest you read it's reviews on the app store. They are really bad and the developer hasn't made any attempts to address the identified issues.

thats a poor show if he or she hasnt made attempts to sort issues out

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had the Slingbox Solo for a few years. Though remotely, the iPhone SlingPlayer software quality was borderline; it was eminently usable, especially for keeping watch of business news, talk shows, etc. Recently, I added a new TiVo and somehow broke the Slingbox connection (probably the result of a skipped update which required an additional resetting of the routers). I have not seen it perform on the iPad.

If the reviews are bad I'm not sure that I would go for it though. I believe that there is a new TiVo app up there. It requires the latest models of the TiVo, as I recall, unless something has changed. That would probably be a better alternative at the moment.

Last edited:

NMETSG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha man! That's really bad!

I was hoping the slingbox had a good result with the iPad.
But after thinking a second thought paying a minimum of 150$ for hardware and having to pay another 30$ to be able to use it is not a very smart thing.

Adding to that, the company doesn't a good job at fixing issues with the application that you had to pay in the 1rst place.

Thanks guys for the info!
I think I'll pass.

Most reactions

Latest posts