What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox SlingPlayer Mobile Coming Soon For iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6yuS9LNFc[/ame]​

Engadget reports that SlingBox has released a teaser trailer to show you what you can expect from its SlingPlayer Mobile app for iPad when it’s released to the App Store very soon. According to the video narrator, the app’s video quality is “better than any mobile app we’ve ever done,†as a result of Apple’s H.264 live streaming features. It certainly does look like a very impressive app, from the quality of the video right down to the comprehensive interactive programme guide.

If the video has you wanting to get your hands on the app right now, and frankly who can blame you, you’ll have to wait a little longer until it’s released, but you can sign up here to express your interest and be notified as soon as the player becomes available in the US for $29.99. Of course you'll also have to be a Slingbox customer to use the app!

Source: Engadget

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to forget, you also need a Slingbox at 299$...

I bought the first Slingbox app, will I need to purchase the iPad version too or do I get a special upgrade?

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get a Solo for about $180 US.
I'm sure they will be happy to charge us full price, as they will consider it a new version for a new platform.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot about my slingbox at this point since I've had my iPad for ALMOST A YEAR NOW!!! If they charge for the app again I will just toss the slingbox, it should be free, since the $300 box is USELESS without it!! Horrible company!

Most reactions

Latest posts