What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sling Packs for ipad 2

Order NO.925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, so im new to the forum but ive lurked around here for a few weeks before actually registering. I havent quite purchased my ipad 2 yet(trying to wait and see if i can pick it up the day i walk into the store). but ive been searching for some accessories for it and came across this sling pack by incase and im really liking it. My question is if anyone has seen any other sling packs? Just trying to see what else is out there. Thanks.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've actually researched a couple of sling packs (not specifically for the iPad, though) which included the Incase sling pack.

I was able to see and handled the silver-and-blue Incase sling pack in the local Apple store, and I thought it was (i) quite expensive and (ii) the overly shimmery quality of the silver nylon looked a bit bling/cheap. Quite possibly the material for a different colour might not be so ostentatious, but the silver was just too much for me.

Brenthaven used to make a Titanium series sling pack, although I think it's a discontinued product, I'm not sure if many vendors may still carry it. (It's not on Brenthaven's homepage anymore.) I did see a pretty good review for it on Cnet, but it didn't "get" me, either.

The one I ultimately bought was a Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger (on Amazon at Amazon.com: Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger: Sports & Outdoors). It's manufactured by vendor of hunting supplies, so it's very heavy-duty. But I didn't get it specifically as an iPad accessory - more of a camping/hiking bag. I love it and it suits my requirements perfectly (and maybe just a bit too big just for an iPad and some things.)

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at the 5.11 Tactical Moab 10. It gets lots of love over at edcforums.com.

OP
O

Order NO.925

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for responses guys. tzimisce: The one i want is the Nylon one but the outside color is taupe and the inside is blue. Ill probably end up getting that one if i dont find anything else.

DLCrouch: I actually like that one but looking for something a little bit slimmer..

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Order NO.925 said:
Thanks for responses guys. tzimisce: The one i want is the Nylon one but the outside color is taupe and the inside is blue. Ill probably end up getting that one if i dont find anything else..

If there was anything that my research with the Incase, seeing the pictures and specs online and then actually holding and touching the material in the store, it is precisely that there can be aspects to the texture and 'gloss' that don't show up on a computer screen. Colour names can be misleading and photographs can be digitally adjusted.

That said, many online vendors do allow no-questions-asked returns so maybe you can get the one which you think you like, with the option of sending it back if it isn't what you thought it was.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Cocoon Harlem Sling bag and it hold the ipad and it access along with a few work things also for carrying the unit around ..

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cocoon sling - cheap

While at Office Max today trading in a defective laser printer cartridge, I saw they had Cocoon iPad sling bags containing a "grid-it" organizer on sale for $10. Couldn't resist it, especially since the interior matched the lime green of my iPad cover. ;) The front of the bag has a see-through media pocket for a cell phone, but I found it the perfect place to stash my stylus.

I'm a list maker but always seem to leave my shopping lists on the kitchen table, so I now keep the list on my iPad. I think this bag will work out very well since I can strap the iPad to the grid-it, using a couple of its elastic straps, and prop it up in the shopping cart.

Most reactions