1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Slight delay since installing 4.2

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Scottyg514, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Scottyg514

Scottyg514 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone else noticed a lag in response since installing the 4.2 download in the iPad?

At the same time I also put the invisashield screen protector on my iPad,so can it be the screen protector more than the 4.2?

Any feedback would be appreciated
  2. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Remember the old expression "I've got good news, and I've got bad news."

Good news with 4.2.1 is that it offers app-switching (so-called multi-tasking). The bad news is how that works - the apps don't stay open taking up memory - they're put in a save state, sort of bookmarked and written to disk. So whenever you close an app, there's a slight pause as it's saved to disk before shuts down. It's not a large file so it's not a long time, but noticeable. More so if your drive is almost full and/or you've got a lots of "bookmarks" out there.
  3. Scottyg514

Scottyg514 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0