What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slideshows iPad to Apple TV

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 'Settings' on my iPad (original model) in Photos I put 10 seconds as the time to play each slide for slideshows. This time works on the iPad. However when I play the slideshow via Apple TV the time is reduced to about 2 seconds. Any solution would be welcome.

OP
P

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I don't see any place to adjust slideshow timings in Apple TV settings.

OP
P

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS to above: The slideshows work well from my Macbook with slides in iPhoto & via Airplay. Timings with this don't change. So it seems to be an iPad/Apple TV problem.

OP
P

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After lengthy phone calls this morning to and from Apple TV support they eventually said that they had reproduced the problem which I am experiencing. They hadn't known about this but will now work on it. In the meantime I will play slideshows direct from my Macbook or iMac.

kmichaelray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got Apple TV and have the same problem. I can set the slideshow timing to 10 or 20 seconds in settings under photo and it works fine on the iPad. As soon as I try to show it over Apple TV it reverts to about 3 seconds. I have triec everything I can think of and nothing works.

OP
P

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the previous post which confirms what I also find is a problem. The slide changes via Apple TV from the iPad are much too fast and spoil the slideshow. It's time Apple provided a solution for this.

OP
P

photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion and link. I have just now put the problem on that link.

Most reactions

Latest posts