What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slideshow to video

Steve.cranson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to ask this but have no where else to turn. I took about 300 pictures with Canon 40d last week while in Grenada. Used a camera to iPad connector to upload 120 images to the iPad. In the apple photo app I selected the album containing these images and clicked on slideshow. It was great. My question is how can I make that slideshow a video.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at this free app Animoto Video Maker (has in-app purchases): Animoto Video Maker by Animoto Inc.
Animoto Video Maker on the App Store

If that doesn't do it for you, maybe searching in the AppStore under this apps "related" category will find you something that will.

Good luck and maybe someone else will chime in with something they know about or use.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted an identical thread you posted in another sub-forum about this same topic. Please keep all responses here, please - it'll make it easier to follow the conversation. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The app Adobe Clip does a decent job of creating slideshow style movies. iMovie can also do so. It is a little more versatile, but less automatic.

There is no way that I know of to directly convert a Photos slideshow to a video, though it is possible using a Mac, Quicktime on the Mac, and the USB to Lightning cable. There are other combinations of software and computer hardware, but I'm less familiar with those.

OP
S

Steve.cranson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried both ur suggestions and several other, they all seem to flash one image at a time, some even only part of the original image. The slideshow created in iPhoto combines like images one, two, or three on a screen some fade some slide. The overall presentation is superb. Is there any way to convert it to a video without hours of work recreating it in another app?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As I said, there is no way that I know of to convert/record it on the iPad itself. However, it is possible to record it on a computer if you have the right software and hardware.

If you have a a recent version of OS X on a Mac, the easiest way is using the USB cable and QuickTime. If you have these, then let me know and I'll go thorugh the steps.

If you have Windows you'll need software on the computer that lets you mirror your iPad screen using Airplay, and will let you record the video on the computer. I have Reflector 2 by AirSquirrels, and used to use it for this kind of stuff before Apple added the Quicktie recording option. There's a Windows version of the program.

I can't be as helpful with Reflections 2, since I no longer use it, and I don't have a Windows machine; however I believe their support site should be enought to get you to where you want to be.

Last edited:
OP
S

Steve.cranson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased Reflector 2 and download Reflector Student on the iPad and they did the trick. Thanks for your excellent advice

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad to help.

I hadn't heard of Reflector Student. From the description it shouldn't be nessesary on most home networks. Did you need it, and if so why? Just in case it comes up again. And to satisfy my own curiosity, of course. :)

Most reactions