What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slider theme icon

spudyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone jail broke my iPad 2
I saw videos of people customising their lock slider icon and text

I install winterboard
I download slider theme
I apply and respring

All I get is the text change

Please help why my silver icon is not changed this is really bugging me I downloaded a coke can and nothing

Step by step help would me appreciated

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone jail broke my iPad 2
I saw videos of people customising their lock slider icon and text

I install winterboard
I download slider theme
I apply and respring

All I get is the text change

Please help why my silver icon is not changed this is really bugging me I downloaded a coke can and nothing

Step by step help would me appreciated

The odds are pretty good that the theme is fine - its just that the names of the images have changed for the iPad2 or iOS 5 (or both).

To make that theme work, you will need to go into the innards of your iPad (using some sort or SSH program, the computer program iFunbox or iFile - your pick).

First, if you don't know it, you'll need to go to your iPad's stock location to find what name the iPad2 uses for your lockscreen slider. To do, navigate to this location: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/. For the slider button/arrow itself, the name should start like bottombarknob (then it should be gray, green or red). You'll need the whole name - and remember, the iPad is case sensitive (iPad is different from ipad; Png is not PNG is not png).

Or, the arrow slider could very well be called BarBottomLock. I don't remember (I haven't themed my slider in a while ... don't have one). So, you may have to look at [all] the images in that file to see what is what...

Now that you have the name(s), go to your theme (/var/stash/Theme.../[your theme name]/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI). Find the slider bar image in the theme. Then, change the name of the image to match the name the iPad actually uses. Again, remember case sensitivity!

Once that is done, respring the iPad and you should be good to go.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
S

spudyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Tried to,copy and past the name from bottombarlock~iPad.png

To the theme I done

Nothing worked

Thanks