What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeve that fits iPad2 + smart cover and has pocket

UNCMo96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sleeve for my new iPad2 (wifi 64gb) that fits the iPad2 (with smart cover) and has an external pocket. Should I assume that any case that fits the ipad1 will fit the ipad 2 with cover?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 10.2" laptop neoprene sleeve with a pocket for $12.99 at Target that should fit with no problems. Made by Tuari, and it's 11.5" x 8.75" while the iPad 2 is 9.5" x 7.31"--so should fit in and the smart cover no problems.

My smart cover is coming tomorrow, iPad on Thursday so I'll no for sure then.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would that sleeve pocket be big enough to hold the Apple wireless keyboard? Kind of looking for something that will hold the iPad2 with Smart Cover and the keyboard.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
Would that sleeve pocket be big enough to hold the Apple wireless keyboard? Kind of looking for something that will hold the iPad2 with Smart Cover and the keyboard.

You can also look on etsy.com. The good thing is that if you see something you like which is close enough but not exactly what you need, you can contact the vendor and see if they are able to customize.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can confirm that the incase travel case for the ipad 1 will fit an ipad 2 with the smart cover attached, as well as the apple wireless keyboard, usb cable with wall charger, and misc other things. Works great.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Incase travel case is perfect for this. I'll post a video later to show why I like it with the keyboard in particular.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trky said:
Incase travel case is perfect for this. I'll post a video later to show why I like it with the keyboard in particular.

Thanks, any links to view pictures of it?

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a link to the case at best buy.

Incase - Travel Kit Plus for Apple® iPad™ - Black - CL57513

Here are my pics. The keyboard fits in both ways but if you put it in like I have mine (keys towards bottom of the case) it fits perfectly, where in the best buy stock photos it has it in reversed and it feels awkward.

1000000093.jpg

1000000096.jpg

1000000097.jpg

1000000099.jpg

1000000101.jpg

1000000104.jpg

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The 10.2" tuari one I bought? Of course not as it's a tiny netbook sleeve.

The pocket on the front is pretty small small. Probably 4 inches or so deep and 6 or 7 inches wide.

Plus the sleeve itself is thin at .5 inches. So really no neoprene sleeve is going to work well to store both the iPad and a keyboard as you're cramming too much into a sleeve that's meant to provide padding for one device.

You'd want some small shoulder bag, or a bulkier case like the one above to carry the iPad and a keyboard I'd think. That or kill two birds with one stone and wait and buy a iPad2 keyboard case--be it one of the folding ones with a soft keyboard or the Zaggmate keyboard case. Just have to wait a while for the iPad 2 versions to come out.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are my pics. The keyboard fits in both ways but if you put it in like I have mine (keys towards bottom of the case) it fits perfectly, where in the best buy stock photos it has it in reversed and it feels awkward.
Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts