What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can Skype be used on the iPad? I notice in the AppStore that only Skype for the iPhone is available. Will this work, in a smaller window I would assumer? I am not event sure at the moment whether the iPad has a microphone.

Thanks

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype works just as well on the iPad as on the iPhone, and yes, the iPad has a build In mic.

The only thing though Is that skype not Is optimized for such a large screen as the iPad, but just press the X2 in the lower corner.
Or try use "FullForce" that can be downloaded from Cydia or Rock, FullForce forces the apps of your choice to fill up the entire screen, this do not work on all apps.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skype works just as well on the iPad as on the iPhone, and yes, the iPad has a build In mic.

The only thing though Is that skype not Is optimized for such a large screen as the iPad, but just press the X2 in the lower corner.
Or try use "FullForce" that can be downloaded from Cydia or Rock, FullForce forces the apps of your choice to fill up the entire screen, this do not work on all apps.

Thanks

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I used it when I missed a train connection to call a relative just by speaking into the iPad itself. It works over 3G as well as WiFi.

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I used it when I missed a train connection to call a relative just by speaking into the iPad itself. It works over 3G as well as WiFi.

Yea, I might have seen u, was this u ?

2s16hok.jpg

Just kidding m8 !

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, there is no Skype iPad version. The iPhone version of Skype works perfectly well. If it is not working for you it my be your network connection.

Bullseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype on the iPad is great and with a little luck when OS4 comes out it will be able to multitasking. I always have my iPad with me for work purposes and being able to call a colleague or customer with a click of a button and continue working on a report or to take notes while talking will be great.

Most reactions

Latest posts