What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype operation

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Skype app installed in my iPad 2. If I do not have it launched/enable it will receive an incoming text message and display it on the front panel, however it will not receive a voice request unless the app is selected/running. Am I missing a configuration option, or is this the best that can done at the moment regarding my desire to receive voice requests?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your settings should look like this (need not be completely the same) in Notification Center:

image-3405631682.jpg

Make sure to select an alert that will show up on the display (a banner across the top of the display, or a larger alert in the middle of the screen). Then turn on Badge App Icon, Sounds, and View in Lock Screen.

OP
K

kiwibrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks heaps J. A. - I do not seem to be able to view on my iPad the Settings screen that you helpfully included. How do I access it on my iPad? Also can you confirm that you can receive a Voice call on your iPad when it is powered on but the iSkype app is not enabled/running? I am trying to ascertain that this functionality actually exists in the iSkype app at the moment.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use Skype, sorry! I only reinstalled it to show you the screenshots.

What you see on my screenshots can be found in Settings (the app) - Notification Center - Skype.
In theory these settings should help you receiving voice calls.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's one more thing that you could look at:
In Settings - Do Not Disturb, turn off Manual and choose "Allow Calls From" - Everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts