What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype on my Pro is really bad.

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is skype on my 12.9 pro so bad . Get echos and stuttering talking. Dont have that with my iPad air1 I have the latest IOS on it. Do any of you have the same problem?

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The people I talk to have the echo as well and the interupted speach. Volume is not up high. I then switch to Ipad air and it is normal. So it is not the internet.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Brian, I will see next time I skype how i use the pro compared to the iPad air.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Skyped my friend, it is not that I cover the microphone I paid attention to that. She has a bad echo hearing me and I get a stutter when she talks. Yet when I switched to the iPad Air all was normal. This is very annoying.

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But there is still the problem of the person on the other end has the echo and also some word interruption.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Your earbuds should solve any issue of audio feedback at your end. If that doesn't fix the problem, at least you will have eliminated one possible source. Can you try using FaceTime instead of Skype, which would indicate whether Skype itself is the culprit? Experiment!

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will give facetime a go. My friend does not have facetime though. Can you have fave face time on a PC?

OP
E

Ellenmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WELL I called a friend who has FaceTime it worked perfectly on the iPad pro .Makes me wonder did Apple do this on purpose with the new IOS 11? As the iPad air does not have that on. Thank you all for trying to help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Echo is almost always caused by feedback in the microhone (yours or the far end). Stutter is usually an indication of a bad network connection.

Since the iPad Air works fine, it’s probably not the far end, and it’s probably not the network connection. Though you should check to see if your iPad Pro is getting a good connection to your wi-fi.

It’s also possible the app or iPad itself is behaving erratically. So, back to basics.

If you have not restarted your iPad Pro recently, do so. Be sure to actually turn it off (press the power button until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ button appears, and then slide off. Just tapping the power button to turn off the screen only enters sleep mode.

You can also try deleting and re-installing the Skype app. If the app has been corrupted, this should fix it.

I don’t have any other ideas.

Most reactions

Latest posts