What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype on my ipad 2

skiax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded Skype and could not get it to respond to the touch commands. I tried the iPhone version with the same results. I'm currently looking for an older version to see if that works. One of the reasons I bought this machine (2), was so my wife could Skype her family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reaction score
skiax said:
Hello,
I downloaded Skype and could not get it to respond to the touch commands. I tried the iPhone version with the same results. I'm currently looking for an older version to see if that works. One of the reasons I bought this machine (2), was so my wife could Skype her family. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you downloading the Skype app from the AppStore? Where are you looking for an older version? The AppStore only allows you to install the newest version, so there is shouldn't be any way of installing an older version.

It doesn't make sense that the Skype app wouldn't respond to touch commands, as the app is built from ground up to support touch commands.

What you could try is, is restarting Skype. (press the home button twice to enter the multitasking bar, press and hold your finger on the Skype icon until they start wiggling, then press on the red x). Now restart Skype and see if it works.

skiax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I Tories turning iPad off after downloading, but did not solve issue. It respond to "cancel" and "create account", but not "sign in" I'll try your deal.
thanks

Reaction score
skiax said:
Ok. I Tories turning iPad off after downloading, but did not solve issue. It respond to "cancel" and "create account", but not "sign in" I'll try your deal.
thanks

Have you entered your Skype account details first?

Sign In will not work, unless you have filled out the username and password fields.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skiax said:
I tried what you suggested but to no avail.

Two things u can try, uninstalling it, then reinstall it again.
OR
Do a soft reset. While iPad is on, hold slepp and home button down at the same time for 5-10 secs. The iPad should reboot to the apple logo screen and hopefully the issue went away. Sometimes when apps start acting up or non responsive, the reset method will get things back working right.
Also did u do what DontUnderstandMyIpad said?

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

skiax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all who responded, thank you. when I tried to enter Skype name etc, it would not respond. When it did respond, it would give me the copy or paste option. Eventually, I figured out to ignore and just type the info. a little awkward, but it did the job.
My Thanks Again,
Jim

ca66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know how to disable history on the new skype app?

Today i started using it. Chatted with a friend and couple hours later when i turned my ipad on again i launched the app, to chat with the same friend. Opened up her window and all the history started to download and it took some serious time. I want to disable and clear it on the ipad but couldnt even find a settings page!

Most reactions