What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skype on ipad 2?

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everyone keeps wanting me to do skype so I downloaded the app to my new ipad today. I tried the test call that it offers with the computer, my mic is crossed out- i.e. muted so no playback. I see nothing in terms of preferences or options for this app anywhere. My sound is ON, have tried uninstalling the app and rebooting IPAD any suggestions? It seems to be muted by default.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
First off, when you install the app do a complete cold boot of your system just to be sure.

Then, make sure your device's volume is all the way up. Do this by both pressing the volume rocker on the upper side until it's on max, then also upping the iPod volume. This is done by double pressing the bottom home button until the multitasking menu appears, then swiping left. The iPod icon and volume appears. Turn this up too.

I was cought out by this when I first installed skype as well.

OP
M

michaela1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok seems I'm just an idiot! It was working but I thought it was like a walkie talkie i,.e. I pressed to end call after I spoke to hear the test repeat back what I said, When I just hung on it worked fine but now I have another question where is the menu bar I keep reading about? I see no options, preferences nothing? Am I being doubly stupid???

Most reactions

Latest posts