What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

skype help?

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I tried doing a search about the skype problem but didn't see anything about this.I downloaded Skype for my Ipad2. The issue is when I video call someone, they can see me, but on the ipad I can only see myself. I googled this issue and others seem to have this problem as well. One of the bugs
seems to be that if you call the person, the video won't connect, but if they call you, both connect. Tried that and it didn't help.

Anybody else have this problem? Any fixes available?
Thanks!

Reaction score
When you are in the call, can you not switch to Video Call? If only one person has their webcam enabled, Skype won't show the option of Video Calling when you initiate the call, but you can always enable the camera when you are already in an audio call.

If this doesn't work, you should reboot the iPad (hold the power button for 5 sec, than slide to power off).

OP
aihna

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you are in the call, can you not switch to Video Call? If only one person has their webcam enabled, Skype won't show the option of Video Calling when you initiate the call, but you can always enable the camera when you are already in an audio call.

If this doesn't work, you should reboot the iPad (hold the power button for 5 sec, than slide to power off).

I already tried this one and yeah it fixes the problem but I encountered same problem and I rebooting it and then its okay again. Sometimes its always like this. :(

Most reactions